Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm curious if the Killer Instinct DEAD Silent Crank can be fitted to the BearX Intense CD Xbow.

May explore this option before hunting season..

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Looks like if you cut the correct rectangle into the stock of your intense it would work. Farm. Deer has probably got a chalk board of drawings on this already.:sneaky:

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is my BearX IntenseCD. Not sure if this would be compatible but something I'll explore.

BearX Butt Stock front.jpg
BearX Butt Stock Side.jpg

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like if you cut the correct rectangle into the stock of your intense it would work. Farm. Deer has probably got a chalk board of drawings on this already.:sneaky:
Never thought about that. Hmm..... Not sure how I'd do that. Maybe with a micro router? Good idea.

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
I am not certain of this but I think the DSC has magnets on the cocker piece that fits the slot and one embedded in the slot also.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just my 2 cents. Seems like it also pulls down more than I would like. About 5 degrees down force to keep it on the rail is all that is needed.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, like you I'm on the hunt to figure out a CCD solution for the IntenseCD. (y)

·
Registered
214 Posts
My initial design is off the rear also. With the forces of the higher draw bows I'm concentrating on 1- linear line pull and 2- ball bearings rather plastic or bronze bushings.
It may not be 70 bucks but it would winch a truck out of mud......

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I ordered one now I'll have to figure something out.

To be continued!

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You make me laugh all the time. It's like medicine these days.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Tom, the Intense uses a sled right? If so, I don't think a claw type will be safe to use. The string is very acute at full draw and they may jump off by being squeezed. If you can retrofit a sled onto the KI rope, that would solve your problem. Look into it.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Can't speak for Tom but I think he has his chief engineer working on this project for him. Just a guess. Tom?
Duly noted Farm Deer.

Archer, what I expect to happen is remove the hooks and use my BearX Sled. I'm sure that can be done. There will be options but you are on point I would think using a sled is my first thought. I'll yield to the craftsman who will modify to make it work on my IntenseCD. I really do like this Xbow.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Working on a CCD mod for the IntenseCD. Stay tuned! :cool:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts