Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well FARM DEER is at it again. He has completed the CCD project on my IntenseCD. I'd say he's got it dialed in.
1. Farm Deer Shooting Station
2. 50 yard shots with BloodSport Witness arrows. Note: Factory arrows
3. 60 yard shot with BloodSport Witness arrow. Note: Factory arrows
4. Added precision with the Carbon Express CCD. See "blue" device on the shooting station.

Now I have two Xbows set for Hunting Season and yes, BloodSport witness arrows will be shot out of my Xbows.

View attachment 180224
View attachment 180225
View attachment 180226
Farm Deer, that is very accurate shooting out of the IntenseCD. Nicely done! You really can't ask for more then that from any Xbow at any price.

·
Registered
530 Posts
She shot well for an injection molded stock/rail. I was suprised it did that well. The rail is better than some I've seen.
FD

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Now how do you measure the plane of the rail? What should we know about shooting rails on Xbows? Or is this a non issue today?

·
Registered
530 Posts
It can be the BIGest issue. You asked, so here we go.

Injection molded stock/rails have various dimensional errors if they are not secondary machined flat and square. This is due to the shrinkage of the plastic when cooling. Some manufactures, due to market pricing levels, do not machine these errors out due to cost. I'm not going to get into the specific manufactures but those that struggle with repetitive accuracy of their xbow most likely paid 250 bucks for a bow that wasn't secondary machined.

Aluminum extruded rails are the best of the best (if manufactured correctly). Some may complain about weight of bows in the 500-700 dollar range. Don't! Some manufactures "lighten" their bows by reducing wall thickness on the aluminum extrusion. Manufactured too thin causes uncontrollable shrinkage and stresses that leads to war-page and a non-linear rail. The higher dollar bows, for the most part, are made with thicker rail walls thus adding more weight.

All these aluminum rails are "continuous extruded". They melt aluminum to 1180-1220, depending on alloy , then force it through a die that images the rail profile. Improper extrusion velocity or pressure can induce stresses in the extrusion. Ever wonder whey you may hear one person raving about a bow and another stating they can't hit the broad side of a barn with the same bow? The extrusion process may have changed causing unstable extrusion process and producing non-compliant rails.

Example: Bearx Constrictor verses Intense. Constrictor is a heavy bow, no argument. However, on my CMM the rail error was only .0015" end to end. The Intense on the other hand was .013". (sorry Tom).

Here is my spin on it. Weight? When I'm in my tree stand, weight is not a concern for ME. I would rather lug a heavy bow up the ladder rather wondering why my 55 yard shot missed. I know, "My "Gizmo Bow" is only 6.2 lbs. and shoots like a rifle" Yep, but I'm sure it cost a whole lot more than 500 bucks.

Crossbow weight is over blown, my opinion. Sorta like when the doctor handed you your child at birth. My son was 7.6 lbs. Didn't even phase me holding him. Do we really weigh our bows when Mr. 12 point walks in? Heck, the adrenaline rushes to our brain and we could lift a 50 lb. bow.

Some may agree to disagree. That's why this is a great country.
Stay safe,
FD

Attachments

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I think 8.9lbs.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Not sure Hunter. Doesn't really matter to me. I can hold it up without issue and squeeze the trigger comfortably.
When I need it most, about 250 lbs (a nice Ohio Buck that is) LOL
Stay safe

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I think this become a personal choice. If you are walking great distances and know your shooting ranges that includes 1 mile hikes into public lands, using a tree climber, going up and down Appalachian foot hill that extra 1-1.5 lbs gets my attention. That's why I'll never part with my Barnett TS370. Although the machine rail may not be to highest standards I am hitting 3" circles out to 60 yards which is more then enough to double lung a deer. Same for the IntenseCD. I'm telling you folks. IntenseCD price point just can't be beat IMOH. Narrow Limbs, shooting 425 grain arrow at 380fps gets my attention. Not sure the promotion is still in play on BearX website but $297 for that Xbow is impressive! Add and $120 Sig Sauer red dot and understand your holder overs zeroed at 30 yards and you got a special shooter. Add an additional coin for Farm deer to install a Carbon Express CCD setup and wow, you have something quite special.

For the ultimate accuracy the Constrictor is as good as it gets and you don't have to spend more then $500-$550 dollars for a damn good Xbow and folks he Constrictor is legit accurate as any Xbow cost 3-5 times the cost but if I'm on a 2,000 yard stalk in Colorado a sub 8 to low 8lbs get my attention. Both the my TS370 and IntenseCD become a value add but in a blind, whew, that longer open prairie shot Constrictor shortens that longer range shot because it's so damn accurate. Crap, Robin Hood a shot at 60 yards. Wow!

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
A man with legit resources. Nice to be rural vs suburban. :cool:

heck, I’m Preparing off-roading my UTV after fathers day weekend for this suburbanite.:p Gotta make sure wheels are rolling their best before I go to Colorado before September.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Okay, BearX box arrived today from Farm Deer. I have a to the pay bills today but will get some time with this xbow and retrofit Carbon Express CCD to field test this week. To be continued!

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Farm Deer, A true work of art and science. It's a rainy day plus have unannounced family member stopping in tomorrow but will say I did partial cocking today and wow what you did is amazing! This is setup is fantastic with the CCD. Easy to setup. The CCD is silent and you can stop cranking anytime and it locks into place. No worry of a slipped backlash with the Carbon Express setup. Also, the pull is perfectly balanced and equalized for a perfect draw before shooting.

BearX IntenseCD
Hawke XB-1
Carbon Express CCD crank system
BloodSport Witness arrow

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
That is an excellent crank cocking system. My 2019 Carbon Express F-Force 390
Pile Driver uses the same crank system. The only difference is Farm Deer swapped
the hooks that mine uses for the sled.
All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That is an excellent crank cocking system. My 2019 Carbon Express F-Force 390
Pile Driver uses the same crank system. The only difference is Farm Deer swapped
the hooks that mine uses for the sled.
All the best.
Take care.
Bunnyrabbit, correct. He did that due to Xbow requirements for the cocking sled.

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
This Xbow is complete. Now I have to shoot it. I shot 26 times today to sight in at 20 and then at 40 yards. I'm rusty but I can't express enough what a positive difference the Carbon Express CCD setup is to use vs my TS370/Barnett CCD setup. Now I'm talking exclusively CCD's. Now I like my TS370!!! ;) The equal pull on both sides of the rail and how level the string is cranked back on the rail is absolutely perfect.

Yikes, I keep forgetting how great the trigger is on this Xbow as well. Also, getting used to the Hawke XB-1 scope. Cool scope! Lot's a different things to get used too. :p

Shoot on!

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Officially 355 shots on my BearX IntenseCD with black bowstring with original orange cables for the cams. Note, check that your bow string is level on the shooting rail. Mine is absolutely level.
Note 2: I'm using 1/2 moon nocks! I'd advise using these nocks per my past posts and recent comments from Farm Deer vs BearX TrueX nocks.

I've only taken 15 shots t0 dial in my Hawke XB-1 scope at 40 yards. Room for improvement but all thee shots equals a dead dear. I'm extremely satisfied.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Add in cost for some mods but gotta say this is a $297 xbow if you order from BearX website. Score!

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
How do you like the trigger pull after shooting some now in comparison to out of the box?
Trigger works is fantastic! Major, major improvement vs OEM out of the box experience. I just know know how you can be consistent at 40 yards and beyond without have good trigger. My InenseCD has a fantastic trigger now.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts