Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Great shooting you have there! Better start pulling arrows in between shots OR better be ordering more arrows. (y)
You did buy a fletcher though, correct? You might need it the way you are shooting!!!!!
FD

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Great shooting you have there! Better start pulling arrows in between shots OR better be ordering more arrows. (y)
You did buy a fletcher though, correct? You might need it the way you are shooting!!!!!
FD
Yes I have. Already damaged three vanes in 15 shots. No mas!! :ROFLMAO: I’ll fix them and start at 60 yards till I run out of space.

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
Check the ends of the arrows you tore fletches on real close before refletching them Tom. Look for stress fractures right under the nocks.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Check the ends of the arrows you tore fletches on real close before refletching them Tom. Look for stress fractures right under the nocks.
Robert, thanks for sharing and added detail. Would not have done that.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
That is an excellent crank cocking system. My 2019 Carbon Express F-Force 390
Pile Driver uses the same crank system. The only difference is Farm Deer swapped
the hooks that mine uses for the sled.
All the best.
Take care.
Bunnyrabbit how has the hooks worked out for you since you have used the Carbon Express CCD?

I plan to send my Barnett TS370 to Farm Deer. I would think the hooks would be just fine.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Bunnyrabbit how has the hooks worked out for you since you have used the Carbon Express CCD?
The hooks are working 100%. On the rail it states to install the hooks facing down. When the crossbow
is cocked, I push the release button and approximately 1 1/2 back turns removes the hook tension and
I am able to remove the hooks.
I have done various tests; partially cocked and stopped, let my hand slip off the crank etc. There is absolutely
no back spin to get hurt or chance of a dry fire.
Very happy with a high quality product.

All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The hooks are working 100%. On the rail it states to install the hooks facing down. When the crossbow
is cocked, I push the release button and approximately 1 1/2 back turns removes the hook tension and
I am able to remove the hooks.
I have done various tests; partially cocked and stopped, let my hand slip off the crank etc. There is absolutely
no back spin to get hurt or chance of a dry fire.
Very happy with a high quality product.

All the best.
Take care.
Yes, The 370 is just fine for the hooks. The issue with the close ATA and reverse cam bows is the string angle. The angle is so close to the rail that it pinches the hooks between the string and hooks. This is why all close ATA bows require the sled whereas bows like the 370, wide ATA, do not.
FD

·
2,580 Posts
Tom, you definitely have a bigger arrow budget than me. ;)
BTW, I see that Walnut Creek Outdoors has the black Intense for only 339.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
JoePA, Haha, yea I am shooting through my arrow budget a bit. :p

Having fun with this Xbow. Gotta admit there is something to Farm Deer’s CCD comments.

will be going to 60 yards and beyond weather permitting tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #77

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Tom, you definitely have a bigger arrow budget than me. ;)
BTW, I see that Walnut Creek Outdoors has the black Intense for only 339.
That is a great buy for what is considered an entry level Xbow. Folks, no way is this an entry level Xbow if you plan to hunt. Only thing entry level about this Xbow is submitting your credit card to buy it. Also, at one time BearX was offering 10% discount on their website if you buy from them. That sub $300 dollars folks. Hmmm.......

61 - 79 of 79 Posts