Crossbow Nation banner

BearX Intense CCD

9K views 82 replies 7 participants last post by  TomOnTheRun 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm curious if the Killer Instinct DEAD Silent Crank can be fitted to the BearX Intense CD Xbow.

May explore this option before hunting season..

See less See more
#8 ·
Just my 2 cents. Seems like it also pulls down more than I would like. About 5 degrees down force to keep it on the rail is all that is needed.

Reactions: TX_RDXguy
#10 ·
My initial design is off the rear also. With the forces of the higher draw bows I'm concentrating on 1- linear line pull and 2- ball bearings rather plastic or bronze bushings.
It may not be 70 bucks but it would winch a truck out of mud......

Reactions: TomOnTheRun
#17 ·
Tom, the Intense uses a sled right? If so, I don't think a claw type will be safe to use. The string is very acute at full draw and they may jump off by being squeezed. If you can retrofit a sled onto the KI rope, that would solve your problem. Look into it.

#19 ·
Duly noted Farm Deer.

Archer, what I expect to happen is remove the hooks and use my BearX Sled. I'm sure that can be done. There will be options but you are on point I would think using a sled is my first thought. I'll yield to the craftsman who will modify to make it work on my IntenseCD. I really do like this Xbow.

Reactions: archer36
#22 ·
Hey Tom,
Ran across this one on amazon for 38 bucks. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AL9IWSQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Be here next week. Different flavor but still the same concept. All of this CCD's are bushings on the axle. Thee FD design has two ball bearings,,,, last forever.

FYI: HHA speed dial will not work on either of these bows. Dial interferes with the sled when cocking. Yes, HHA makes a spacer to move the dial out and away but it now is prone to damage due to it hanging so far off the side of the bow.
Working on my elevator design that is more compact and sits under the eye piece.

Fun, fun, fun!!

Reactions: TomOnTheRun
#23 ·
Farm Deer, that is a very good price. I sure missed that one.

Yikes to the HHA and duly noted. I'll probably use my Hawke XB-1 speed scope on the IntenseCD.

I know the HHA works on my Barnett TS370 so I plan to put a SigSauer Romeo5 motion activated red dot, 2moa on that setup.

#24 ·
My 2019 Carbon Express F-Force 390 Pile Driver has that crank cocking device system.
One can stop cocking any where or if ones hand came off the crank or the crank came
off, there is no chance of back spin or a dry fire. A very high quality system.

The crank system is still listed as new or buy used.

All the best.
Take care.

#26 ·
BR, Yes, I bought a "used" unit. Sez "like new". Thought I would take a chance.
Some designs do not have rollers on the return part of the string. Seems like to bow string would be pulled more consistently square when the cocking string can center more effectively.
Time will tell.
Stay safe

Reactions: bunnyrabbit
#28 ·
Hi Tom,
I will make an aluminum insert to accept the cross mount, remove the butt plate and fit the insert into the tube of the stock. In this manner it will be on center line of the tube and pull straight back on the bow string. Clear material out of the butt stock to accept the insert to be flush with the butt stock. Remove the claws and replace with the sled. Because of the reverse cam design and narrow limbs, the bow string angle pinches the claws between the bow string and stock when cocking. The sled is absolutely required.
Take care, be safe.

#29 ·
That is going to be quite impressive. Look forward to Seeing your pics when it’s done.

Folks, farm Deer capabilities aren’t second to none and it will be better then a OEM design. FD is a special archery resource here on CBN.

#30 ·
Okay, the results are in. Below you will see the Carbon Express Crank (blue string) and the Killer Instinct Crank (red string).
The KI unit pulls down considerably in comparison to the CE.
The KI does not have center string rollers, the CE does.
The KI crank "wobbles" slightly when cranking whereas the CE does not.
The KI pull string and return string come off at opposite ends of the drum, CE is on the same plane.
Both units require the same NM of torque.
Both units are of high quality with cranking lock at any position.

Both bows require a custom insert/machining to use either crank.
WINNER: CE CCD

So, for those interested in adding this to your bow. I am machining by CNC the parts this week for both models. I'm setting up the fixture to make the number of units requested. Place your order now if interested or I will have to charge an additional setup for single units. Cost depends on the price I have to pay for the CCD. IF I can buy a "used" but a new return, its $135.00 total. Else it's the CCD cost plus $100.00. You need to send me your butt pad for the intense OR your butt stock complete for the constrictor. I will machine the parts and revise the butt pad OR butt pad stock.

Stay safe,
FD

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.