Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Shadow NXT in last week along with Black Eagle Executioners. I tried sighting in over the weekend and has issues with accuracy at longer distances. I have since removed all scope and scope ring screws and used loctite, maybe that was the issue. I chronographed an average of around 380 fps with the 450gr BEEs (with 100gr point and lighted alpha nocks). Question is, are the BEEs not stiff enough? I'm assuming there's higher force with the narrow short draw? I'm wondering if I should have gone with the stiffer Zombie Slayers?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'm having good luck with Spynal Tapps in mine...
My TenPoint Turbo GT shoots BEEs really good, but I haven't tried them in my Shadow.

Reactions: leroy.brotzman

·
Registered
112 Posts
Are your BEEs spine indexed? Indexing puts the stiff side of the arrow where it will not flex as much when you shoot it, making it more accurate. You can order spine indexed BEEs, Zombie Slayers and of course Spynal Tapps from South Shore Archery.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are your BEEs spine indexed? Indexing puts the stiff side of the arrow where it will not flex as much when you shoot it, making it more accurate. You can order spine indexed BEEs, Zombie Slayers and of course Spynal Tapps from South Shore Archery.
Im not sure if these are indexed. I got them form Wyvern. I've had BEEs from Jerry that shot great. I see he now offers ready to ship arrows that are indexed even.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thinking about getting some dragon claws from Wyverns to shoot through my shadow nxt, 448 gr pro elites averaging 360fps on my bow

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Don't discount the TenPoint EVO-X CenrterPunch arrow. I've tested it and it's been tested and reported on by several others and it performs in the same class as most custom arrows. I was a BEE user, was very skeptical of this new "factory" arrow until I started shooting it. It will fly perfectly from your Shadow and you should expect excellent consistency.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't discount the TenPoint EVO-X CenrterPunch arrow. I've tested it and it's been tested and reported on by several others and it performs in the same class as most custom arrows. I was a BEE user, was very skeptical of this new "factory" arrow until I started shooting it. It will fly perfectly from your Shadow and you should expect excellent consistency.
First and foremost thank you for your service! Aren't the Evo X's a shade heavier than the Pro elites?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.