Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s the Best Broadhead for Ravin R10 that you guys found to fly like field point accuracy.

What Head was it and how far did you test it

Thanks

·
Registered
46 Posts
For what it’s worth I’m using a trypan. Dropped him quick and stuck about 10” in the ground. I haven’t done long distance testing because I’m new and 30 yds is all I feel comfortable with at this time. My uncle uses hypodermics with his r20 and has taken many deer at longer distances. But admittedly I’m new this year and there’s a lot of guys here that have forgot more about crossbows than I’ll probably ever know

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
the Thron HPX worked really great out of my R10

·
Registered
14,085 Posts
Nice buck ONE!;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ok so I’ve heard a lot about the thorn long range accuracy and I’m pretty convinced to switch. There’s just one thing I’m curious about. And that’s the damage on a deer. From what I read it’s an 1.5” cut which is almost an inch smaller than what I’m using. How’s it preforming on a deer?

·
Registered
46 Posts
And I’m not trying to be a nay sayer. I’ve about ordered these a bunch of times. But that’s the only thing I’m worried about

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Swat A4 mini or plain swat A4.
Long range shots swat mini A4, for better odds of pass through.

Devasting damage.
Odds are you’ll see your critter fall. No BS here at all.
Those little blades on the poi;t of head are key imo for why this head is a stand out. Not to mention the 4 other blade cutting sufaces.
I have a few rage hypos left. But Am shooting some of the swats right now. I basically keep a bolt in my Ravins for backup with a hypo. Main bolt for kill shots is Swat!!!!!!!
You shooting a trophy buck, let no further than SWAT!!!
Whoever is behind this design definitely got tired of tracking bucks with less performing heads used. I can tell this based on my use of both rage and swat. No comparison period.
So think of swat like this.
Combo rage and swacker plus those little cutting blades on front as a bonus.
And no I don’t work for swat or have any connection to.
They WORK!!!!
I ordered mine and got them in 2 days to my door.
99 bucks for 2sets of three heads.
Liked them so much ordered 2 more sets.
https://www.crossbownation.com/comm...sing-r20-and-swat-magnum-crossbow-head.91318/

https://www.crossbownation.com/community/threads/r20-bust-a-big-8-pointer.91234/

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts