Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've watched many of his videos over the past few years. Good stuff for sure. He gets right to the point without a bunch of nonsense and product placement, and certainly seems to have a temendous amount of hunting experience.

·
Registered
136 Posts
2 things I don't like about his reviews.

He does not use a crossbow.

Shooting a broadhead repeatedly into plate steel is no indication of how it will work on game.

The Sharpness,FLight are good items to know, but again with the Flight test there is no crossbow involved.

That said he is an Honest man and puts out a really good test for. broad heads.

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
1,184 Posts
John is a great guy. He is one of those guys who is easy to listen to and understand. His channel is growing very fast. He has tested a ton of broadheads. Lots of guys bust his chops about shooting steel and cement but if a head can take that kind of abuse it will hold up very well in the field. I have heads here that couldn't survive being shot into a foam target! If I would have known that ahead of time I would have tried something more durable.
His hunt videos are good too. My favorite was the one where he killed multiple pigs in one sit. Very effective hog control.
Take care
Oncebitten

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I enjoy watching his videos too. Are they perfect? Of course not but they are about the best broadhead testing videos on the net. I do wish that he would modify his test for mechanical heads to include more data on their entrance and exit hole size. I have noticed on some recent mechanical head videos that he has started such testing.

·
Registered
Excalibur Mag 340
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John is a great guy. He is one of those guys who is easy to listen to and understand. His channel is growing very fast. He has tested a ton of broadheads. Lots of guys bust his chops about shooting steel and cement but if a head can take that kind of abuse it will hold up very well in the field. I have heads here that couldn't survive being shot into a foam target! If I would have known that ahead of time I would have tried something more durable.
His hunt videos are good too. My favorite was the one where he killed multiple pigs in one sit. Very effective hog control.
Take care
Oncebitten
He seems like a great guy from his videos. And obviously a talented hunter as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Take care
Oncebitten
Watching his videos gives one a very good idea of which broad heads to buy or not buy. If I see a broadhead go thru steel or a block and it survives it is a stout head. However shooting the same broadhead multiple times thru steel or at concrete block tells me nothing about how it will perform on Skin,Bone and meat.

Now if he arranged the target to be a deer skin over a rack of pork ribs followed by a watermelon, then we would have something.:)

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I've watched many of his testing videos and think they show some useful data. Each test by itself doesn't tell the story, but all of the tests combined along with the large sampling of broadheads yields some useful and comparative insights.

He explains his testing method (7 different tests) in the description below each video and grades each of the tests on a 10 point scale.

He does a pretty good job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts