Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm new to crossbows and looking for the best crank cocker for my Excalibur Grizzly.

I would like to cock by hand or with a string but that's not going to happen due to a permanent rotator cuff injury.

I was thinking about getting Excalibur Charger EXT but I've read several reviews about the device breaking and injuring the operator. When I'm out in the field the LAST thing I need is to deal with a broken thumb or worse.

If anyone has any models they'd like to recommend I am open to suggestions. Price doesn't matter much to me.

·
Banned
5,838 Posts
I’ve been using the Charger EXT crank for over 2 years now and not a single problem with it. It’s worth the extra price over the C2 crank. Better features and dead quiet. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr_Krauser

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just curious if you've tried an Excalibur rope cocker? The Grizzlies 200 pound pull really isn't that daunting when the rope cocker is adjusted to the ideal length.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Just saying the comment above is not taking in consideration people with physical disabilities. If young strong and healthy I agree but for those of us that have physical disabilities the crank is an absolute must. I know some don't understand but it's like the compound users coming on wanting help picking a crossbow because the shoulders etc. just can't take it anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just curious if you've tried an Excalibur rope cocker? The Grizzlies 200 pound pull really isn't that daunting when the rope cocker is adjusted to the ideal length.
I do have a rope cocker but due to a permanent rotator cuff injury, I absolutely need a crank. If I were my younger self I'd definitely cock by hand or use the rope cocker...but unfortunately they don't make human shoulder replacements yet haha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been using the older C2 crank for years problem free.
Thanks for the recommendation. I have read good things about the C2. It will most likely be the model I end up purchasing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts