Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past three years my nephew and I have been taking Tyler on a deer hunt on my place. Tyler is legally blind and crippled in his body, but not spirit, as a result of being hit by a drunk driver when he was 12 years old. The Lord has blessed Tyler with a deer on all three of his hunts. His enthusiasm, excitement and positive attitude are contagious. After only seeing 3 young and off limits bucks to begin our hunt and daylight fading fast, I told Tyler that all of the deer had gone back in the woods to which he responded “it’s all good”. A few minutes later this mature doe stepped out and offered Tyler a broadside 80 yard shot and the rest is history.
If you are fortunate and blessed enough to be in a position to take someone less fortunate than yourself hunting, I promise you that you will get as mych or more out of it as they do.
As we were recovering Tyler’s deer we were already making plans for next years hunt.
Tyler and his 1/12/21 deer.
08CD5B83-F7E0-4FC1-B467-F9B32E440393.jpeg

PS-Teency helped in the recovery.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thats so awesome that you do that for him. Memories he will cherish for a life time. Kudos to you! I have a cousin that comes up every year rifle hunting. While he is not handicapped in any way he is from an urban area so some of his "ideas" I have to just shake my head at. I am there to try and guide him the right way but man is it tough sometimes lol. 😆

·
Registered
304 Posts
PS.. Teency 😂 looks like a better tracking dog than my beagle! All she wants to do is lead u in the opposite direction so she can come back and get the deer later! 😕

·
Registered
987 Posts
Great for him, good for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts