Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. What is the best reverse limb crossbow case out there while on a budget? Any current deals on the case....please share.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Don't know about on a budget but the Plano Manta is a good case. I put my Scorpryd in and toss it in pickup bed.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know about on a budget but the Plano Manta is a good case. I put my Scorpryd in and toss it in pickup bed.
I have looked that one online but not in person. I have a Plano Spire for my standard crossbow and i have been pleased with it. It is just big and bulky.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
It is big but it holds bow in place. I put my quiver in and about 8 arrows with field points and screwed a container to bottom with a lid to hold rope cocker rail lube and things.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good Rit!

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
What make and model reverse draw crossbow?

The best deal you will find is probably the Allen Contra soft case. It will fit the Scorpyd Nemesis & Deathstalkers. Also fit TenPoint Nitro Carbon, Nitro X, Nitro XRT, Horton Storm, Vortec, Wicked Ridge 400 RDX, Barnett Raptor Reverse.

I bought one for my 2017 Deathstalker, and it fits it like a glove. Scorpyd liked it enough that their new 2019 case is an identical black with red accent version of it.

This is copied from a thread I did back in July of 2017.

The Allen Contra case is slim and trim. It looks as if it was made for the Deathstalker, and fits it like a glove. No excess baggage like in my Tarantula cases. The Scorpyd Case is also very nice and form fitting, but understandably they need to make them to fit the bigger models as well.

Nice foam padding throughout, with a 17" long padded scope compartment. Instead of a full arrow pouch, it comes with a half pouch and a Velcro strap to secure your quiver with the vanes exposed. This is perfect for me, as I never use the full pouch on my cases for transporting my quiver with my case. Now it will be attached, but not distorting the vanes. It has two zippered pouches for storing/carrying cocking sleds, string care products, etc,. On the back side, it has a nice set of padded backpack straps with chest strap. On the stirrup end, it has a nice rubber carrying handle.

Shown here with Kwikee 4 quiver loaded with 20" Deathstalkerarrows.

The zippers go from the black cordura side panel on this left side, completely around the front, right side, back, around to the black on the left side.

Back/bottom side. Adjustable or removable padded backpack straps.Shown with Kwikee 3, and Deathstalker arrows.

Believe it or not, you can shoehorn a Ventilator Extreme 175 in that case, and zip it up. Seriously! I would stick to the Scorpyd Case for the older models though.

Here is a pic of the insides of the pouches. Long and short cocking sleds and range finder in the back pouch. Torx and Allen wrenchs, along with string care products, and a complete bow press in the front pouch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What make and model reverse draw crossbow?

Looks nice as well. So far the 2 cases mentioned are the only 2 that I have considered (Manta & Contra).

Ventilator I have a Horton Vortec.

Reactions: Ventilator

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I been out in the sun too log....I see now you are looking for a case....duh
Wapster, I thought the same time about the WR rdx400 and overlooked the best case question. You just beat me to the post. :D

Reactions: Heath423

·
Registered
334 Posts
I have looked that one online but not in person. I have a Plano Spire for my standard crossbow and i have been pleased with it. It is just big and bulky.

If the Spire is bulky to you the Manta will seem like a bus. I have both and the Spire is minuscule compared to a Manta

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
The Manta is big. It is not TSA approved but I put a TSA lock on it and had no problems. It is rugged and protects bow very well

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the Reverse Limb Crossbows will fit the Plano Manta hard case will they also fit the Plano Spire case???
I don't think that is the case based on above comments. I have a Plano Spire and my Horton Vortec will not even come close to fitting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, thanks to this post I too have my TP CNRDX in an SUV size Manta case. Talk about behemoth! My brother had one not being used since his Barnett exploded during cocking leaving it in 4 pieces. I just ordered gas struts to install in the case which will hold this pachyderm of xbow cases open - and look cool as it does! After all, when it comes to cases they can either fit well or look cool. Another aspect is security as anyone thinking they can run off with my xbow & case will come to know in short distance they took on way more than they bargained for!

·
3,226 Posts
I have the Allen Contra that Ventilator recommended. Got it for my Burky RDX, which is very similar in dimensions to the Vortec. It works very well for a soft case. Not sure I’d put a crossbow in it and give it to airline workers to put in baggage, but for hunting trips in my vehicle, it does the job. As a bonus, my front riser Mission Dagger fits in it too.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts