Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
The link wouldn't open for me, but when I hunted Africa, they like the 2 blade broadheads. I had to educate them on the mechanical broadheads back then since I took Spitfires with me and they were insisting I shoot them at the targets first. Very frustrating situation.

·
104 Posts
Guide Girl said:
The link wouldn't open for me, but when I hunted Africa, they like the 2 blade broadheads. I had to educate them on the mechanical broadheads back then since I took Spitfires with me and they were insisting I shoot them at the targets first. Very frustrating situation.
hi Guide Guirl
yes in Africa is obligatory the use a 2 blade broadheads. They based this law in a bad study make by Dr Ed Ashby in years 80.
This document was realised in collaboration with the governmental organization in charge to regulate the hunting in the Republic of South Africa and had like object to determine if the crossbows were able to give a humanitarian death to the animal in hunting situations

The Government of South Africa based in this "bad" study determined as requisite for the big hunting with crossbow the use of an arrow heavy with broadheads of two blades because the study said that is better than 3 o 4 blades. It is a bad study because dr.Ashby use a crissbow crossbow with low power and was very superficial

The link is ok for me: http://www.tawkhaw.co.za/

·
7 Posts
Hi guys i tried to buy some big 5 broadheads a couple of weeks ago got no reply to my emails so i went on the SA section at archery talk and was able to get word to johan that i wanted a price list well $53.00 for 3 broadheads seemed alittle high but the $95.00 shipping killed it for me.
But they do look like a great broadhead.

·
7 Posts
shipping

Yea it did seem way out of wack but i got some SS snuffers and they shoot great and sharpen easy so i went with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts