Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some trigger shoe photos, targets and weapon setups using Bigbird1 Trigger shoe.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some photos of the trigger shoe installed on my R20, a six shot aggregate shot group at 51 yards, a pic of the target at distance, and the R20 setup I used on the Bogpod Death grip tripod. Very smooth trigger pull and great trigger finger control (speaking as a former Sniper). :) Guys if you are looking for that little edge and a better feel for your trigger finger this is it. Bigbird! has done it yet again. Highly recommend it.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My experience is that the Trigger shoe gives just a little bit more trigger control and thus less "trigger flinch/jerk" and a smoothness that allows for a smooth arrow release that is a surprise (which is what we want). For new guys, an arrow or bullet going down range if done correctly should ALWAYS surprise the shooter, because in squeezing not jerking, the release is smooth and not anticipated. I think the trigger shoe enhances this function in my trigger pull/squeeze. Good work Bigbird!.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
My experience is that the Trigger shoe gives just a little bit more trigger control and thus less "trigger flinch/jerk" and a smoothness that allows for a smooth arrow release that is a surprise (which is what we want). For new guys, an arrow or bullet going down range if done correctly should ALWAYS surprise the shooter, because in squeezing not jerking, the release is smooth and not anticipated. I think the trigger shoe enhances this function in my trigger pull/squeeze. Good work Bigbird!.
Dang Iowaguy,
That's a heck of a review. Something tells me you can probably shoot just as well without my trigger shoe but thanks for the kind words anyway. I'm also encouraged that so far everyone who has requested my trigger shoe has commented either publicly or privately that they like the fit and prefer the more forward location.

I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't want to be a deer downrange from you when you're in the mood for some venison.
Thanks again for the great review my friend.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
How much are they?
R29 imo needs show due to how grip is.
R9 I have feels loads better in oem config.
Looks good Big Bird and Iowa guy.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A question was raised regarding the trigger shoe and wearing of heavy gloves. Some were worried that gloves would not fit in the trigger guard with the trigger shoe in place. No such problem see photos below. The gloves that are black are guaranteed to -40 degrees heavily padded insulated. The leather gloves are rawhide and sheep skin lined work gloves. There is a photo of two of my fingers including my trigger finger in the trigger guard sideways. finally, my heavily gloved finger plus two more fingers. If you get a misfire with gloves on (and this was the concern raised), you need to be more careful and gloves aren't the problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Iowaguy, I noticed that about my trigger box on my R29X. Box is shaped a little differently than the one in your pics. But still plenty of room for gloved figures and the shoe. Thanks for bringing that up. And posting pics.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Review update: I have about 100-150 arrows thru my xbows with the new trigger shoe and my experience is a smoother more controlled trigger release and a much more comfortable trigger-finger surface. The tip of my finger sits nicely on the trigger surface (which is a sniper technique and I believe used by match shooters too). Of course the reason for the trigger shoe to begin with is to give big guys a longer distance from the pistol grip to trigger and it does that as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dang Iowaguy,
That's a heck of a review. Something tells me you can probably shoot just as well without my trigger shoe but thanks for the kind words anyway. I'm also encouraged that so far everyone who has requested my trigger shoe has commented either publicly or privately that they like the fit and prefer the more forward location.

I know one thing for sure, I wouldn't want to be a deer downrange from you when you're in the mood for some venison.
Thanks again for the great review my friend.
Bill Im ready to buy one,
Ill IM

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here are some trigger shoe photos, targets and weapon setups using Bigbird1 Trigger shoe.
No one better to listen to about triggers then a Sniper, You say it improves your trigger pull and shooting , then I’m sold!
I have all Bigbird 1 custom features on my R10
Im ready to buy this one also! Sign me up!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts