Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slightly handicapped so a bipod helps a lot. I am wondering if any of the 400 fps and less are set up for a bipod. To quote a new friend: " Speed Kills, (bows):, so I am looking at a little slower version this time. My Deathstalker 420 just needed a special bolt up front to clamp on a bipod. Since I am shopping for a second x bow thought I would see what's out there. Most sites don't mention bipods.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Bog Field Pod or their Death Grip seem popular. I us a single trekking pole with a small hole in the top to put the sling swivel in. I don't want a bipod attached because of the added weight and the trekking pole adjusts for height so I can use it in a blind or while stalking.

·
Registered
106 Posts
The killer instinct swat x1 has a stirrup that folds down and can be used like a bipod.. only problem is some have had limb issues so i hate to recommend it and you have problems... i however have not had any so far

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
Slightly handicapped so a bipod helps a lot. I am wondering if any of the 400 fps and less are set up for a bipod. To quote a new friend: " Speed Kills, (bows):, so I am looking at a little slower version this time. My Deathstalker 420 just needed a special bolt up front to clamp on a bipod. Since I am shopping for a second x bow thought I would see what's out there. Most sites don't mention bipods.
Just to clarify...
Are you asking about a small bipod that attaches to the underside of the xbow rail, such as in my current avatar, or a longer 40" shooting stick type bipod?
Plant Automotive tire Military camouflage Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to clarify...
Are you asking about a small bipod that attaches to the underside of the xbow rail, such as in my current avatar, or a longer 40" shooting stick type bipod?
View attachment 212444
I hope to find a crossbow that I can clamp on a small bipod like yours. I have one on the Deathstalker 420 which I bought in 2019. That bow broke during the rut this year and I just got it back with new limbs. I plan on getting a new bow, so this time I am doing more research first. I want one compatable with a lefthanded shooter, has to have a crank or self cocking set up, prefer a bipod, and speed in the 350-400 range. Not a wide body tho. Maybe the Viper s 400 or similar. ?

·
Registered
15,642 Posts
I hope to find a crossbow that I can clamp on a small bipod like yours. I have one on the Deathstalker 420 which I bought in 2019. That bow broke during the rut this year and I just got it back with new limbs. I plan on getting a new bow, so this time I am doing more research first. I want one compatable with a lefthanded shooter, has to have a crank or self cocking set up, prefer a bipod, and speed in the 350-400 range. Not a wide body tho. Maybe the Viper s 400 or similar. ?
I think all the Tenpoints are set up for right hand cocking only. The Ravins are ambidextrous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think all the Tenpoints are set up for right hand cocking only. The Ravins are ambidextrous.
I can use my right hand ok, just the left one is bad. If I can have my face on the stock (shooting left handed), without resting against a crank system I should be good ? I plan on going to a shop and hold one. Just not sure which to look at. I guess I can ask there too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts