Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
11,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I've known that Blazer vanes' height can, on some crossbows, touch the bottom of the barrel groove, I've paid little attention to it since they were all hitting in virtually the same hole at 30 yards but NOT with the Flex. I've been shooting the same arrow hundreds of shots in the Flex and noticed the bottom white vane had been flattened a little where it touches the bottom of the barrel groove. I made up 2 new arrows and the first shot at 30 yards with the new arrow went almost 1 3/4 inches to the right and low, almost 2 inches at four oclock. I shot the old arrow again, in the hole, pulled it and loaded the old arrow this time with the worn vane up..............low to the right just like the new arrow:ack2: I pulled the Pro Slider off the rack and went through the same sequence and it absolutely does NOT react to the bottom vane being new or worn down a little. All of them hit in the same spot at 30 yards. Since it does not react to this situation like the Flex does, I think it's safe to say the Phantom won't be affected by it either but I'm going to shoot it some tomorrow to see. I have not seen any wear on the bottom vane from the Excal Vortex or Desert Stryker or the Stryker. I just went outside and used a depth gage on those crossbows and the TP's have the least depth in the barrel groove. The Excal is the deepest with the Desert Stryker very close to the Excal. I have no idea why the Flex is the only TP to react to the bottom vane touching the bottom of the barrel groove:confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts