Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my spynal tapp arrows in and blob target so this weekend it’s time to gear up for deer season! Blob target hasn’t received a single shot so any advice on how to easily pull out the arrows or make it any easier?

I’ve read that the blob gets a lot easier to pull arrows as you wear it out but any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
You should have received a red rubber puller with the Blob. It will help a lot. I bought a pliers type puller from Danny Miller at Horizontal Archery. It does a great job.
Do not shoot a field point into it if you want your arrow back. :p

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You should have received a red rubber puller with the Blob. It will help a lot. I bought a pliers type puller from Danny Miller at Horizontal Archery. It does a great job.
Do not shoot a field point into it if you want your arrow back. :p
Ah you’re right! I hadn’t fully opened the package from them since I wasn’t planning to shoot it for a little bit but I see that in there.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Well if you like to enjoy your hobby Arojac them out. If not bust your stones pulling them.
The 18" aren't too bad because they don't stop fast arrows very well but, the 20" will. I have a DD joke gripper too.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
I would like to try out a DD puller but bought ones of Danny's and it works well. I might grab a DD if I see a good deal in the classifieds.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Apply a small amount of string wax to the front 6 inches of the arrows. The heat of friction is what binds the arrow to the industrial foam material of the Blob. I have a Blob and really like it.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
You can rub a bar of soap about 6-8” up the arrow shaft too.
It will help some.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just makes your arrows go in farther. Still hard to pull. I like my fletching. :)
Haha as do I! I got the smaller target so I wouldn't be surprised if my magnus black hornet ser razors just poke out the other side and I can easily screw them off then remove the arrow

·
Registered
535 Posts
22819CDA-821B-4ED1-9D4E-FB92D76F5F7F.jpeg
31A71541-D563-4B75-A634-344E152BED76.jpeg
6B049996-C9F6-4E4C-8199-021FBC980D3D.jpeg

I made this arrow puller after borrowing the idea from Bunny Rabbit.(I think) Honestly though, I use the little red lid remover that came with the blob target more than the arrow puller.
92B5D6A2-7A78-41E1-9D03-9194D48DC300.jpeg

·
Registered
3,523 Posts
I use the bar soap on my arrows! While they do take a little elbow grease to remove they are not overly hard to remove tho!

·
2,793 Posts
I would like to try out a DD puller but bought ones of Danny's and it works well. I might grab a DD if I see a good deal in the classifieds.
I've had and used both and I like Danny's better.....

Mike

·
Registered
409 Posts
Crappie Tom gave excellent advice with the Arojac suggestion. I had arrows in the blob that wouldn't budge after getting the jack they came right out. I usually put a small 6x6 in piece of thin masonite under the foot of the puller to distribute the force and it works great. I credit Tom for that advice.:)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Wax your hunting arrow shafts and remove the arrows ASAP by gripping next to the target and pulling straight out with no twisting.

Reactions: Hidden Waters

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got my spynal tapp arrows in and blob target so this weekend it’s time to gear up for deer season! Blob target hasn’t received a single shot so any advice on how to easily pull out the arrows or make it any easier?

I’ve read that the blob gets a lot easier to pull arrows as you wear it out but any help would be greatly appreciated!
Here is my tips. Both from experience!
Only shoot broadheads into it.
Buy a Double D’s Magnum arrow puller from Amazon.
Dont botther with anything else.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally got to shoot my blob today! Thing is AWESOME. I got the 18” and my broadheads poke out the back at 20 and 30 yards so it’s super easy to screw out and pull out the arrow with not much effort.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts