Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Block (by Feradyne) 20x20x16 "Crossbow" target today. Just finished shooting it about a dozen times. I am surprised the arrows go in about 12" stopping short of the fletchings however, I shoot a Mission with Mission (Victory) arrows (until Jerry's get here). They chronoed between 350 & 355. I don't want to be disappointed in the target but they seem to sink in further than I thought they would. They are not two finger removable although I did not use any lube either. Would lube cause the arrows to go in further?Perhaps I shouldn't compare them to shooting my Morrell bag target with field points either..?
Thoughts?
WTZ

·
Registered
830 Posts
Blocks are not the easiest to remove arrows from, they are tough but not the most user friendly of targets. Using a small amount of string wax on the front end (6") will assist in arrow removal, but remains much more difficult than other arrow stoppers.

Reactions: whitetailzombie

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Blocks are not the easiest to remove arrows from, they are tough but not the most user friendly of targets. Using a small amount of string wax on the front end (6") will assist in arrow removal, but remains much more difficult than other arrow stoppers.
Thank you Generator! Will the string wax also allow greater penetration also?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Thank you Generator! Will the string wax also allow greater penetration also?
Probably, never have taken the time to measure. I do know removal is easier.

Reactions: whitetailzombie

·
Registered
270 Posts
My old recurve crossbow only shoots at 265fps and I just rub the shaft of the bolt with a bar of soap and I do that upto about 6 inches from the broadhead. I haven't had any problems removing the bolts from the block target. I know my recurve is really slow. So I will update when my swat xp gets here. Lol I just hope it doesn't pass right through the target lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
I tested it with scorpion venum arrow Release. The impact was deeper, no good choice. I bought a new target. But only for field tips.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I tested it with scorpion venum arrow Release. The impact was deeper, no good choice. I bought a new target. But only for field tips.
What target did you get I have some 3d targets and I have a bag target in my shed can't remember what one it is though offhand

·
Registered
127 Posts

This one I bought last year. You can release the arrows with two fingers without the arrow release fluid (field points). Up to now I shot round about 1000 times on one side and I can go one by placing a new target face. Target face is prepared with a carton on the back side for more stability. If it is finished on this side, I´m going to change to the other side. So I hope to do some more 1000´s of shots on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts