Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a lot of positive comments on these arrows. Details on weight, straightness, inserts, vanes, etc? Thanks.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
No idea....but Ive read so much positive comments that I now own a dozen of them. HA!:)

Reactions: SEW

·
2,876 Posts
Not the technician that you are, Steve. Here are my country bumpkin observations. 20" factory fletched Bloodsport Witness (with white witness area scraped off-shoot them for 3D). with 100 gr. point is 423 grains. FOC was 20%, which seems too high, but balance point was 7" from front. 4" vanes, fletched dead straight, near as I can tell. Plastic moon nock. They seem to spin and shoot well for me, but I'm not pushing them above 360 fps.

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
I have 6 of the 20" Hunters @ 300 gr. in .003. Same straight vanes and moon nocks are standard, Press fit so easy to take out. Mine shoot as well as my BEEs do. I like them for the $ spent.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My Witness’ are .003, fletched with 3 inch X vanes attached straight or maybe 1 degree offset, Bohning nocks, 323 grains @ 20 inches. They are a good value & shoot well. I’ve never shot any custom arrows to compare them too so I can’t offer any comments along those lines.

·
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your answers. Seems strange to have 4” vanes, virtually straight. Why so much vane if they’re not going to be used much. However, as much as I obsess over accuracy, I still have lots left to learn concerning vanes.
Joe, I’ve never hurt any crossbow accuracy with more FOC.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I am not 100% sure but I think at one time bloodsport and black eagle were made in the same plant

But a few years ago black eagle bought their own factory

Since black eagle has always been an excellent shaft im not surprised bloodsport arrows are very good

But we still need to remember they are factory fletched so there will be excellent sets and sets that aren't as accurate

But it should be easily fixed by stripping, indexing and refletching

Has anyone ever tested the .003s for straightness

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was able to buy 9 6 packs of 20” Witness at Walmart for $9 each last year at close out time. I opened them and shot them at 1” dots at 20 yards Using a Centerpoint Sniper with Rich’s trigger fix. All but 11 would hit the dots. By tuning the nocks or changing to a different cock vane 9 more came to group. Only 2 culls. They stayed in 4” bullseye at 40 and 60 yds. Probably would have done much better but conditions weren’t great. Good hunting arrows. I was able to get that deal again this year! Yay. I changed the moon nocks to flat nocks on a dozen and they are doing well on my Excalibur BD 440 out to 40 yds. 412 FPS. I believe that they are available in 22”. And would work well in the Swat.

·
2,876 Posts
Steve, I also weighed the 20” Bloodsport Hunters that I recently got. They have the 3” vanes as others have stated. Weight is 400 grains on the nose on my reloading scale.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Instead of starting a duplicate thread I thought I would ask a question here. I have 6 Bloodsport Hunters that are all at 17% FOC with 25gr lighted knocks and 125gr heads both field points and Rage Hypodermics. Fields are shooting exact POI as the Rage. What I am finding strange is that each specific individual bolt shot over and over will shoot same hole at 25yds but each different bolt shoots a different POI with a 3" spread. The bolts are all balanced with a maximum difference of .75gr total weight of 450gr. My question is did I get a bad box of bolts or is this fairly normal?

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
They are .003 arrows and not spine matched. Try turning the nock to different vanes and you will probably bring them into line. If you do make certain to mark your new cock vane.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks, just curious if this is in fact the issue and it pulls them tighter, what arrows out there are spine matched?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I had my Bloodsport hunters cut down to 19 inch,vanes stripped and Refletched with bohning heat 2.5 inch vanes. They are very stiff. With 125 gn head now weigh 408 gn. Shoot very well. I had them done in all white vanes. Marked cock vane with sharpie after Nock tuning them. I only did this after original vanes were pretty tore up.

·
4,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Instead of starting a duplicate thread I thought I would ask a question here. I have 6 Bloodsport Hunters that are all at 17% FOC with 25gr lighted knocks and 125gr heads both field points and Rage Hypodermics. Fields are shooting exact POI as the Rage. What I am finding strange is that each specific individual bolt shot over and over will shoot same hole at 25yds but each different bolt shoots a different POI with a 3" spread. The bolts are all balanced with a maximum difference of .75gr total weight of 450gr. My question is did I get a bad box of bolts or is this fairly normal?
That’s pretty bad, but I’m spoiled with Jerry arrows.

Really good arrows, with good rests, etc, should give 1” 6-shot groups @60 and ideally 80yds. This is where spine indexed/matched arrows really shine.

1 arrow shot over and over is a different story.

·
Registered
13,331 Posts
I guess Ive been pretty lucky with factory fletched arrows. Admittingly Ive had to turn a few nocks and mark the "new" cock vanes but out to 40-45 yards all of my arrows have been fairly consistent. In my vertical days I'd have been happy staying inside a 6" pie plate at 40 yards. My compound and recurve crossbow holds an easy 2" circle off a rest with all my "tuned" arrows. And yes, that is with broadheads too.;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
"Edited" I removed my post and continued it in another thread to keep this thread solely about Blood sport Arrows.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts