Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

Registered
Congrats, good work, Brian!
If it is relatively flat where you live, you may want to try an inclined treadmill or even a stationary bike (many have "hill settings") to build up the quad muscles and calves.
Go get 'em!
It wasn鈥檛 the fatigue as much as knowing how much yardage to cut off on extreme downhill shots. Your shooting over the hypotenuse of the triangle. For me it gets really tricky when the vertical leg is tall. The last shot of the match was an elk that was down a really steep incline. Judging the line of sight, I had him at 53-54 yards. I cut my yardage back to 47 and was really nervous on the shot. I still hit a high 8 over the 10 ring. TryingHardArcher set his for 41, and nailed the elevation. I hope to get everything figured out this month.

Registered
Brian, for having the bow <1 week and having such success is remarkable! At least your arms shouldn鈥檛 have gotten too tired carying the X1.
Thanks, Steve. The trigger was good out of the box and has gotten better in the 400 or so shots I have put in it. The bow is a joy to carry through the woods. What I put it through this weekend is more that most bows will see in a lifetime.

Premium Member
It wasn鈥檛 the fatigue as much as knowing how much yardage to cut off on extreme downhill shots. Your shooting over the hypotenuse of the triangle. For me it gets really tricky when the vertical leg is tall. The last shot of the match was an elk that was down a really steep incline. Judging the line of sight, I had him at 53-54 yards. I cut my yardage back to 47 and was really nervous on the shot. I still hit a high 8 over the 10 ring. TryingHardArcher set his for 41, and nailed the elevation. I hope to get everything figured out this month.
Gotcha!
Yup, trig on-the-fly is an added challenge, that is for sure!

When you told Steve and I about how steep it was, I didn't think much of it but that first picture you posted is steep! lol! That is crazy! Congratulations again!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Registered
Wow, that Bow has very little limb movement at the shot, should be smooth shooters, Congrats on your 3rd place finish.
Thanks! You are right, it doesn鈥檛 move when you shoot it. I am testing various vane and nock combos, it is so smooth you can watch the arrow flight the whole way with vibration fuzzing the image. Old Flyer will be getting a pair of gold plated toilets when this bow hits the market!

Registered
Thanks! You are right, it doesn鈥檛 move when you shoot it. I am testing various vane and nock combos, it is so smooth you can watch the arrow flight the whole way with vibration fuzzing the image. Old Flyer will be getting a pair of gold plated toilets when this bow hits the market!
bmiller

What vanes are you finding work the best so far? Clearance issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
You mean 'without vibration'....

Sounds like an awesome bow!!!

21 - 40 of 62 Posts