Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met two of them this past w/e at a show in Jackson, Ms. Their names are Jackie and Jennifer. I can honestly say I doubt there is anyone in the xbow industry more dedicated or focused than these two ladies. I got to watch them adjust and overcome some things non product related that stood in their way, lol. Glad they are on our side, if y'all ever have a problem give one of them a call. Didn't get a chance to say goodbye or thanks, figure this will get to ya!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Awshucks,

I think that it was Jackie and Jennifer that you met at the last show in Jackson. You are absolutely right about their level of dedication to the crossbow industry. They are both an incredible asset to Barnett.

They asked me to thank you for your kind words.

BXB

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BarnettXBows said:
Awshucks,

I think that it was Jackie and Jennifer that you met at the last show in Jackson. You are absolutely right about their level of dedication to the crossbow industry. They are both an incredible asset to Barnett.

They asked me to thank you for your kind words.

BXB
BXB, thanks, knew I shoulda took notes, lol. Apologies Jennifer, say hi to a Linda for me, lol.

·
471 Posts
I posted this on another message board, but since we got Barnett's ear I'd like to post them here too. Infact, I'll copy both my post because it has to do with "crossbows in the stand" and what folks do to be comfortable. This little gizmo works quite well and gives me versatility even though it is homemade. Might give you some ideas for an accessory that would be very benificial for treestand hunters.

1st Post:

"I can't say I ever found a comfortable position up in a stand with a crossbow; other than setting the stirrup on the deck of the stand, crossing my forearms across the butt end of the stock. Makes for a good chin rest that way too. It keeps the broadhead pointing directly down so if something stupid does happen the bolt or limbs won't get you.

I don't know if Horton still makes what they used to call an "arrow tuner" but it is something you should take a look at. Maybe one of the Horton shooters have one and can post a picture. I made my own for my Barnett, more for for safety reasons when I am in the stand. I'll try and get a picture of it posted if nobody has a Horton."

2nd Post:

"OK, here is what I was talking about.
When I designed the "tuner" it was for 2 bolts. I then became hesitant about drilling/tapping a second hole in the bow. So I ended up going with 1 bolt and a locating pin hole at the back of the block. The gizmo works quite well once you find the right tension and it holds the bolt on the rail nicely on stand.

Then I generally sit in the stand as shown. If for some reason it lets go I will not get injured by the limbs or the bolt."

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
I have never had a problem being comfortable in a tree stand with my bow.
Sometimes hang it on a hook on the tree.
sometimes lay it across the bar in front of me on the stand.
sometimes the front of the bow on the bar,with the butt under my arm resting on the back of the stand.
As far as the arrow falling off the rail, most bows has a built in spring loaded bar that holds the arrow firmly in place.I can turn the bow upside down and the arrow wont move.

·
471 Posts
I have had my bolt scoot off the rail in the front before, with quick sideways movement. Sometimes things happen fast but normal and careful movements it will stay put well enough. I suppose one day I should upgrade to a newer crossbow. That's a 1993 model RC 300....but it served me well over the years.

·
1,223 Posts
Other than slowing the "arrow" down a tad...I see nothing wrong with your second spring holder.

If it works for your situations...great. Don't concern yourself for anyone giveing you a hard time for it.
Though it does look funny....!

Sorry...!

Mike

·
471 Posts
"If it works for your situations...great. Don't concern yourself for anyone giveing you a hard time for it.
Though it does look funny....!"

I don't concern myself with what anyone thinks.
I worry about what works when I need it.
That crossbow may be from 1993 but it has tipped over a bunch of deer. :)
Infact, it took its first buck about 20 minutes into the season the first time out.

·
30 Posts
Wow. Hey, I give you a lot of points for creativity. You should have patented this and sold it for tons of money instead of giving the idea away!:)
I've also had an 'out of the box' idea that I've been hanging onto that would revolutionize a segment of the crossbow industry, but don't know where to start with development of it...so I'm just going to sit on it for awhile til I get it figured out.
I tend to think of these things when I'm spending long hours in a treestand...just me and my crossbow and no deer in sight :)

·
471 Posts
It's hard to see but there is another aluminum block mounted under the scope rail. That is threaded for one of those "Game Tracker" gizmos. It worked quite well and didn't effect arrow flight at all because it was almost on the same parrallel as the bolt. I never ripped the string once; although I did get tired of balling up the string after poking through a deer. The deer never really go that far so I don't use it often unless I am in real thick stuff.

·
1,525 Posts
I saw this on another forum. I believe it's an excalibur with a different riser.
Looks like the arrow won't fall off of that bow. I think it's a different approach than an additional spring. Wonder how accurate it is and why we don't see something like that at the dealers? Kinda cool lookin.

·
471 Posts
That's different for sure.
I am not so sure how comfy I would be sticking a bolt in the thing though.
Pretty much looks like the only way to load it would be the front cuz the channel is totally enclosed. Kind of like loading a muzzle loader with the hammer cocked.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Maybe the arrow fits in the channel on top as usual.But has a slot that a hammer device fits to the string at lower level then continues up from the bottom to fit the arrow nock. The front of the barrel may have enough opening that the arrow shoots through.:D

·
1,525 Posts
Spec

From the looks of it, I would think the arrow goes inside. The string goes through the middle so that would make sense.

Hod

I see your point but when I think about it, you and I are holding the arrow when loading it with a cocked string as well. As long as you have a good safety and grab the arrow by the shaft, I don't think it would be a problem.

·
471 Posts
I usually hold my bolt about mid-way, slip it under the front "tuner" and lay it on the rail, then slide it back under the rear spring retainer. My fingers are not close to the broadhead at all should something malfunction.

Verifying the bolt is up against the string on that thing?......SCAREY!

Very nice workmanship on the thing though.....impressive.....definately not a backyard creation.

·
327 Posts
That's one big chunk of aluminum up front... that's gotta be one clunky, nose heavy beast.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts