Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy did I make out the other day, I ordered a Bog Death Grip from ebay and ad said Aluminum got it today opened the box and read it and it was the Carbon Model!! All for $ 95.00 shipped!!

·
Happy Member
5,572 Posts
Excellent deal! Doesn't matter to me because I love either model! Best pod I've ever owned!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
the only thing that keeps me from getting one is I havent read where you can tilt the weapon left and right. this would be something I need to do instantly with the deer looking my way. I routinely pick up the weapon and bipod and move it for a shot, adjusting legs at that point is out of the question. beyond this I am disabled and this thing is real close to what I am needing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The death grip does not cant side to side. It would also be nice if you could swap out heads. It's not an RRS but it also doesn't cost near as much.
jk

·
Happy Member
5,572 Posts
It's a good thing that it doesn't canter left or right! Crossbows shoot flatter trajectory when the riser is level. Canting a crossbow can lead to left or right shots off of bullseye!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
the only thing that keeps me from getting one is I havent read where you can tilt the weapon left and right. this would be something I need to do instantly with the deer looking my way. I routinely pick up the weapon and bipod and move it for a shot, adjusting legs at that point is out of the question. beyond this I am disabled and this thing is real close to what I am needing.
Are you talking about left/right cant or rotation? The head does rotate 360 degrees.
jk

·
Registered
564 Posts
here is the deal. I sit on a stool and have been using a BOG bipod, when I see a deer comming I always have to pick up the bipod and crossbow and move it slowly, sometimes alot. the ground is always lumpy bumpy and never level. when using the bipod with the rest that it comes with I have leeway to true up my crosshair picture even when the bipod is not on level ground and adjusting the legs at that point is out of the question.. with a clamp on my weapon and no left, right lean feature I am stuck with a crossbow or rifle that isn't level. we arent talking about rotation here. I do love this new tripod's other features and I love BOG products, trust me I am a fan.

·
Registered
564 Posts
so in other words my crossbow is always level, it is the bipod or tripod that is sitting on slightly unlevel ground that is not level, and not knowing exactly where my shot will present itself, I wouldnt be able to adjust the legs at that point. the clamp would be perect for me as would the tripod, just no way for me to compensate for unlevel ground in a few seconds with a deer presenting itself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gotcha, just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. You are talking about cant and the Death Grip does not have the ability to cant. That's one of the reasons that I wish you could change out the head and put on a ball head.
jk

·
Registered
564 Posts
I do love their rests. I have one of their $100 bipods and it is the bomb. I am disabled with severe nerve damage due to a rare disease CIDP, and the BOG bipod with cradle rest lets me kill my share of deer every year, and their quality is great. 2 years ago I had to turn almost 180 degrees in my chair while moving my bipod and crossbow as a buck was comming straight for me on a soybean field, even then I had to lay the bipod over on one leg as I couldnt turn anymore, I was able to true my crossbow up in a split second and I made the shot and got him, lol

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
I do love their rests. I have one of their $100 bipods and it is the bomb. I am disabled with severe nerve damage due to a rare disease CIDP, and the BOG bipod with cradle rest lets me kill my share of deer every year, and their quality is great. 2 years ago I had to turn almost 180 degrees in my chair while moving my bipod and crossbow as a buck was comming straight for me on a soybean field, even then I had to lay the bipod over on one leg as I couldnt turn anymore, I was able to true my crossbow up in a split second and I made the shot and got him, lol
Hello Kip.
Have you considered contacting BOG about adding Cant functionality to the DeathGrip Tripod?
I'm sure if enough people ask, they would think about adding it.
I sure would if I was the Manufacturer.

P.S. we have 2 of the DeathGrips and love them, the aluminum versions.
We don't bang them around too much to be concerned with dents and we wanted to save some money when compared to the Carbon Fiber models.
Cheers,
dynamo61

·
Registered
409 Posts
Boy did I make out the other day, I ordered a Bog Death Grip from ebay and ad said Aluminum got it today opened the box and read it and it was the Carbon Model!! All for $ 95.00 shipped!!
That's a great deal. I got the aluminum model and love it. I think it was $129

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm thinking I need one anyway , it would come in handy any time I'm shooting a gun or crossbow and ya never know I might find a way to work around that thing. for the price I'm sure it is worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts