Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2,036 Posts
If you dont want anything special (just hunting), it may not be worth it. You can buy fully assembled arrows for the price of components from Black Eagle Arrow. They shoot really well.

·
Registered
13,920 Posts
I would say that if it is your hobby to critique and build "perfect" arrows then build your own. A lot of guys here really enjoy doing just that, along with shooting them 100 yards and beyond trying for pinpoint accuracy. Personally I prefer to just buy good arrows and start shooting out to my preferred hunting distance of 1 yard out to 45 yards.;):)

Reactions: Boo and dynamo61

·
10,173 Posts
Waste... of time. Can amateurs' produce better work than the factory, or professionals? Rarely. And those that do have suffered along the way to get better than the factory arrows.

Reactions: Boo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do many folks buy raw shafts and fletchings and assemble your own, and is it worth doing?
Thanks
Factory arrows are randomly fletched which means they are not indexed, leading to possible inconsistencies

But if you are only hunting out to 50ish yards and don't mind the occasional flyer you can't turn the nock to fix factory arrows are a very good low cost option

I have seen some but closeout arrows, strip, test, index and refletch them to make excellent arrows

And if you just have to have the best there are some excellent custom builders out there

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you dont want anything special (just hunting), it may not be worth it. You can buy fully assembled arrows for the price of components from Black Eagle Arrow. They shoot really well.
Thanks Boo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would say that if it is your hobby to critique and build "perfect" arrows then build your own. A lot of guys here really enjoy doing just that, along with shooting them 100 yards and beyond trying for pinpoint accuracy. Personally I prefer to just buy good arrows and start shooting out to my preferred hunting distance of 1 yard out to 45 yards.;):)
Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good
Factory arrows are randomly fletched which means they are not indexed, leading to possible inconsistencies

But if you are only hunting out to 50ish yards and don't mind the occasional flyer you can't turn the nock to fix factory arrows are a very good low cost option

I have seen some but closeout arrows, strip, test, index and refletch them to make excellent arrows

And if you just have to have the best there are some excellent custom builders out there
Good point. Thanks
Waste... of time. Can amateurs' produce better work than the factory, or professionals? Rarely. And those that do have suffered along the way to get better than the factory arrows.
point well taken

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank to all that have replied. Appreciate everyones opinion. Another big Thank you for allowing me in the group. I’m sure I will have many more questions for you.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have built/fleched my own arrows for years but lately have not had the time to build them. Currently I just replace single vanes that get torn off. Building your own can provide alot of satifaction. I originally started out with my recurve, moved on to compounds and finally crossbows. It can be addictive and lead to many other endevors.

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,288 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I'm lazy....I just order up some Tapps!!!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
If I am going to go to the expense and the trial and error involved in building quality arrows then might as well start selling them. Not all that many customs out there for xbows. None in my area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts