Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new here but not new to bows and bows. I do however have a new ghost 360 and somehow broke the bolt retaining arm. I'm looking to replace the part myself and I'm wondering if the only model I see on amazon is the correct one? Barnett also uses a brush style retaining device....are they interchangeable, or is the plastic arm what I'm stuck with? Has anyone tried making anything custom for the retaining arm? I do a lot of custom resin fab and routinely make gun and knife handles with it.

I guess I'm asking if it's an easy install. if so I want to make a custom arm and see how it goes. If it's a swiss watch In there I may just take er to the shop.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here but not new to bows and bows. I do however have a new ghost 360 and somehow broke the bolt retaining arm. I'm looking to replace the part myself and I'm wondering if the only model I see on amazon is the correct one? Barnett also uses a brush style retaining device....are they interchangeable, or is the plastic arm what I'm stuck with? Has anyone tried making anything custom for the retaining arm? I do a lot of custom resin fab and routinely make gun and knife handles with it.

I guess I'm asking if it's an easy install. if so I want to make a custom arm and see how it goes. If it's a swiss watch In there I may just take er to the shop.

Thanks everyone!
Greetings Rogue0187, I don't see where anyone replied so let me give it a try. Short answer, ya gotta dance with what ya brung. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I do a lot of research. Barnett currently makes three styles of bolt retainers, metal, plastic and brush. When I researched my Barnett I settled on the Assault 350 for a number of reasons one being the brush retainer, the plastic have had a number of failures folks are complaining about, some going through two or three a year. The brush is attached differently. According to my archery repair shop guy and Amazon's description:
  • OEM Part #3166 Easy to Install. (My guy says under the scope are two screws in the rail)
  • Please be sure that your crossbow does not use a metal arrow retainer. If it does, the plastic arrow retainer will not fit your crossbow. Please see our other items for the #3164 overmolded metal arrow retainer.
  • Quad 400(newer), Razr, Jackal, Ghost 410, Predator
  • Buck Commander BCX, Ghost, Wildcat, Penetrator
  • Recruit, Raptor, Brotherhood, Vengence, and More Barnett Crossbow
Good luck........

·
Banned
178 Posts
Greetings Rogue0187, I don't see where anyone replied so let me give it a try. Short answer, ya gotta dance with what ya brung. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I do a lot of research. Barnett currently makes three styles of bolt retainers, metal, plastic and brush. When I researched my Barnett I settled on the Assault 350 for a number of reasons one being the brush retainer, the plastic have had a number of failures folks are complaining about, some going through two or three a year. The brush is attached differently. According to my archery repair shop guy and Amazon's description:
  • OEM Part #3166 Easy to Install. (My guy says under the scope are two screws in the rail)
  • Please be sure that your crossbow does not use a metal arrow retainer. If it does, the plastic arrow retainer will not fit your crossbow. Please see our other items for the #3164 overmolded metal arrow retainer.
  • Quad 400(newer), Razr, Jackal, Ghost 410, Predator
  • Buck Commander BCX, Ghost, Wildcat, Penetrator
  • Recruit, Raptor, Brotherhood, Vengence, and More Barnett Crossbow
Good luck........
+1

·
2,788 Posts
I have done some brush retainers for Excal Guardian scope mounts. I know TX_RDXguy had put Ten Point brush retainers on some of the Centerpoint bows. I'm not sure if you can do that with the Barnett or not. With some crossbows, I think the retaining arm is part of the anti dry fire mechanism.

Guardian with brush retainer..jpg

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
The plastic and brush retainers are not interchangeable.
Several plastic ones listed on Ebay.com. These are very easy
to swap out.

All the best.
Take care.

·
Happy Member
5,465 Posts
I have done some brush retainers for Excal Guardian scope mounts. I know TX_RDXguy had put Ten Point brush retainers on some of the Centerpoint bows. I'm not sure if you can do that with the Barnett or not. With some crossbows, I think the retaining arm is part of the anti dry fire mechanism.

View attachment 181681
Jeff what brush did you use for that retrofit?

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts