Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if any of you have seen or heard of this offering from the American Broadhead Company but it is geared specifically for crossbow hunters. I took these heads to South Africa on a plains game hunt and was not overly impressed. Most of them were one shot heads, particularly the one that blew through a big male baboon (below). The blades on that one in particular peeled back from the nose and two out of three were rippled. It was also the only arrow that did not pass through its target. And I shot two warthogs, two Impala and a big kudu bull while there.

I hope some of you find this information helpful. As bowhunters we are obligated to enter the field with the best setup we can muster and I did not think these broadheads performed well enough to use again.

Good luck this season!

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Urban Legend said:
Which one is you in the picture?:D
Ha Ha Ha! Thanks for the feedback. I have killed a couple of deer with my vertical bow with the Sonic 100 grain heads. They did the same thing. The nose peeled back a little.

I am going with the Excal 150 grain head this year with my crossbow. They look just like Wasp broadheads and a lot sturdier than Sonic heads. If anyone has any feedback on these Excal heads I would appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts