Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He gave me the loot and I charged on my Credit card. This gent loves to bows hunt. He has plugged some big ones too over the years. He little afraid of a Ravin. So he has reviewed my videos. And feels comfortable knowing I will help him.

So a Ravin course for him will start soon. I think he will like. He’s afraid to shoot at a deer much past 20 yards with any crossbow. I told him that dog won’t hunt any more. His R20 with good shooting skills can drop a deer at 40 and 50 yards real easy.

He’s 70 years old. He can sit in a lock on stand all day long without coming down. I can’t do that even at 59 years old.

So the show will start with him behind the wheel soon. I will keep folks abreast of his thoughts, and progress.

I told him he needs to be shooting mostly at 40 plus yards. If he tried to shoot a lot of shots closer than that at his new spyder web target the bow is hard on a target that close.

Should receive soon.

First thing I will do is remove rest and reinstall with blue loctite on screws. And naturally get bow timed out right. And then await him to install scope and level scope eye relief fits him. He likes his scopes lot father back than I do.

Should be a lot of fun. I got him and extra set of strings and cables.
I even added a new Ravin press to the order for myself. A half dozen .001 bolts and oem string and cable set for myself just in case I need.

So 60 pounds of fun headed my way.

·
437 Posts
Please post sighting in photos or observations I've had trouble with adjustments (opposite of Ravin scopes instructions)

·
437 Posts
I had issues with Wyverns Hawke upgrade the written directions for adjusting are opposite the written directions in the Ravin manual

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

Think about what this gent is saying when trying to adjust for 20 yards after you get your 40 yard (hawke scope) or 50 yard zero (Ravin scope).
If you say shoot high at 20. You change speed so that when you are holding center on dot. 20 yard marker will be moved up to coincide with your bolt that stuck high. Then afterwards when you shoot again at 20 yards you will be aiming lower ( distance wise equivalent to how high shot shot previously) missing the bull at 20 yards. Hence striking the bullseye at 20 yards.
Now if it is hard for you to hold bow still and see what’s the reticle (20 yard marker) is doing. Just note your speed setting wheel position. And then really turn the magnification/speed a whole lot. So you unmistakably see which direction to go as far as up or down speed wise. Then. Go back to where you were originally on the speed setting and make a small change in the correct direction and shoot. And make adjustments again if necessary. Don’t adjust elevation turrent. You already adjusted turrents to get you your center reference yardage aiming point aligned previously.

·
Registered
14,066 Posts
Only difference between the Ravin and this one is the yardage used. 40 for the Hawke and 50 for the Ravin. Otherwise instructions are identical.

·
437 Posts
Robert my manual for the Ravin and the hawke are OPPOSITE I'll get it out in the next couple days and post screenshots

·
Registered
Ravin R29 w/ Hawke XB-30 pro
23 Posts
Robert my manual for the Ravin and the hawke are OPPOSITE I'll get it out in the next couple days and post screenshots
I understand what you are saying.

The ravin is zero at 50 yards then move to 20 and adjust the speed ring to zero at 20.

The Hawke is zero at 20 then move to 40 and adjust the speed ring to zero at 40.

Ravins centered crosshair is at 50 and Hawkes is at 20.

·
Registered
14,066 Posts
I remember when someone posted about the Hawke instructions being wrong a couple or three years back for the XB30 Compact. Watch the video posted above and that is exactly how you sight in a Ravin scope. Either Hawke has never corrected their manual or you got a scope from prior to the revision.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My bud is already getting confident shooting his new R20 at 50 yards.
I honestly think when I was describing what I was able to do with my Ravins, he thought I was exaggerating. Now he knows I wasn’t BSing him I think.
He didn’t think my vidoes were truthful either evidently. Lol
He’s converted now from his Turbo TP.
I told him when I gave him his bow he would want to change Somme of his strategies as far a hunting deer. He rolled his eyes when Insaid this. I think now he knows why I told him what I did.

My videos aren’t rigged in the slightest.
Ravin bows will shoot. Can be deadly accurate. Make no mistake.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts