Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's our clients from Saturday night, for those of us who like to watch videos. Watch this and tell me it's not too much fun! Anyone can do this, I promise.
It's really good practice for flinging arrows and eye coordination.
Just click on the link, or copy and paste it in the address bar on your internet browser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc4SKUOoOnQ

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WallyD said:
Think they left any fish in that water ... :)
I know they did! They didn't have but 36 and for 1st timers, that's pretty good. When we seasoned shooters go out on that lake, 3 of us will come home with at least 70 fish in the same amount of fishing time. I'm fishing the tournament on that lake in two weeks. We guide that lake also. I used to live and fish that lake for most of my life before I moved to the river, so will do well, and hopefully, bring home fair money. I just put it back into the boat or bows anyway.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice Short nose ( Spotted) gar you have there! Now, tell me some stories to go with the pics along with what did you shoot with, etc.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
That was my first time ever bowfishing. I was using at the time a prototype mathews bow that I think they now make. When I said I was at a tournament, it wasn't a bowfishing tournament. I used to shoot 3D archery tournaments all over the united states. This one in Illinois had a lake there and so my buddy brought his boat. We went at night with the spotlights. It was a blast. Shot the first fish I ever flung an arrow at. The next kill was a big snapping turtle, after that, I missed about a dozen times. Then I got the hang of it.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LMAO! Yep the water refraction gets the best of shooters. I tell everyone to imagine a fish below the fish you see and shoot the imaginary fish. Takes time to get that down. Gar are usually on top of the water so they're easier to shoot than other fish. Grandson got his first two gar last weekend after shooting for three trips. I got it all on film too. He was screaming with excitement! Awesome stuff! So, He's already been the Bass Master, then the Buck Master, now the Bow fishing high schooler as he says. He's 9. His new name is SPLASH. Funny kid.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts