Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what the options are if any, for those of us who would prefer to maintenance our own XB's. Seems a bit silly to always have to find a service center or send the bow back to TP when it needs a string and cables, etc. Is there currently a press available that's not crazy expensive and won't be a liability to our TP warranty?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a Ravin R10 before the Viper and I had a Ravn press- I checked it on my Viper and fits perfect so there is an option that is about $200
Excellent input. Thank you! So I assume you like the Ravin press, or is it a case of you already had it, so why buy another press if you don't have to?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Excellent input. Thank you! So I assume you like the Ravin press, or is it a case of you already had it, so why buy another press if you don't have to?
I'm not going to. Just letting you know it fits mine and it may be the cheapest option out there as I know of no other press that will fit that is cheaper, By the time you buy the Last Chance and then the adapter your looking at over $500.00. The Ravin press was on Ebay at about $200.00 shipped. And the great thing about it is that it is extremely portable and does not take up much room .

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not going to. Just letting you know it fits mine and it may be the cheapest option out there as I know of no other press that will fit that is cheaper, By the time you buy the Last Chance and then the adapter your looking at over $500.00. The Ravin press was on Ebay at about $200.00 shipped. And the great thing about it is that it is extremely portable and does not take up much room .
I will likely go a different route anyway. Aside from the BIG warning on Ravin's website about using they're press ONLY for Ravin bows, I need some versatility. I have buddies who have vertical bows and older XB's, so I am best served with something that can do several platforms.

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
You have to remember that when Ravin came out with the Ravin press it was the only bow it would work on. Now there are several out there that will fit in it and work. The warning is the same today as it was when the R9 came into being.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts