Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for accepting me into the group. I’m a 53 yr old granny. I’m an avid deer hunter with a rifle and have been since I was 14 years old. My sons have been bow hunters since they were young but I never did get that itch. In the last year or so, I have been researching crossbows and how far they have came, trying to decide on whether I should make the plunge. I jumped in feet first and bought a Barnett TS390. I liked the idea of the adjustable stock and the ad also said that it was set up for a crank, but didn’t come with one. Not realizing that cranks are bow specific, I ordered one from the same site. It doesn’t fit, but now I know. Lol I’ve been holding it up and looking through the scope and can’t believe how light it is. I’m so excited to learn from you all, the tricks of the trade. Any bow specific advice anyone, my ears are open.

·
Registered
15,574 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Sheila... Welcome to the Forum and welcome to the "art and science" of xbow hunting. If you liked rifle hunting, you're going to love the up close and personal experience of rattling your first buck into range or staring down a wily ole nanny doe until she gives in and lets you have a broadside shot. Hope to see you on the Success Thread really soon. Good luck.
P.S. I shoot a 10 y.o. Barnett C5 Wildcat with 545 gr Southside Archery custom Zombie Slayers and Ramcat BH. There are a million more different setups by other members. Enjoy exploring others opinions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcomes. Rifle season has been a love of mine since I was able to walk. Our house, we lived back in the woods on Cedar Mountain, was the gathering place at deer season. All of our relatives who grew up country but moved to the city to raise a family would come and stay to hunt. Thank goodness our parents stayed in the country to raise us. We were healthy, strong and wild as a March hair. I'm looking forward to posting pictures soon!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome to the CBN Sheila! :)

Good luck with your new Barnett and make sure you take a look at the discussions in the Barnett section under the Manufacturer's Corner. I'm sure you will find TS-390 info. and I know a couple Barnett guru's are there for help if needed.

Reactions: Sheila Kelley

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to the CBN Sheila! :)

Good luck with your new Barnett and make sure you take a look at the discussions in the Barnett section under the Manufacturer's Corner. I'm sure you will find TS-390 info. and I know a couple Barnett guru's are there for help if needed.
Thank you for the heads up! That’s why I asked to join The Nation. The help and advice are way above and beyond anything I can get local. I appreciate you all taking an old newbie like myself under y’all’s wings. Hopefully, my crank and target will come in today and I can get started.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, my crank made but the 2 screws that attach it to the bow wasn’t in there. I emailed the company and let them know that they were missing. So now I’m waiting to hear. Lol. It’s a good thing I’m patient. Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.