Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my crossbow come by ups today. i got it all put together put the trigger on green put the rope cocker on and pull back and string would not engage. tried several more times with no luck. after inspection i notice the latch at the top would only come down about 1/8 inch thats all. i guess its a bad trigger. man i am bumed out. got to wait till next week and call ki. i bought it from northwoods and they will not accept returns.

·
1,401 Posts
my crossbow come by ups today. i got it all put together put the trigger on green put the rope cocker on and pull back and string would not engage. tried several more times with no luck. after inspection i notice the latch at the top would only come down about 1/8 inch thats all. i guess its a bad trigger. man i am bumed out. got to wait till next week and call ki. i bought it from northwoods and they will not accept returns.
What model is it?

·
Registered
13,228 Posts
Just read this. Like Joe, Pa...…..don't you need the safety off (RED) when cocking?!?

·
Registered
13,228 Posts
Just read this. Like Joe, Pa...…..don't you need the safety off (RED) when cocking?!?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it has to be in the fire position which is red while being pulled back when the string is engaged it goes to green position

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Most crossbows have that functional action which is opposite of firearms. Safety must be fire position or forward to complete the cocking process.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
uuuummmmm....owner's manuel........? I think the guys are right though....

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
Try cocking it in the fire position as noted above in several posts. Read your manual carefully.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my buddy took the trigger out and a washer had got jammed in the works. looks like there is a washer missing or they dropped one while assembly. he put the trigger back and it worked fine. thanks for the help guys but don't forget to Read your manuals.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Awesome news!!! Enjoy you're new rig!!!! That buddy of yours is worth keep'n around!!! Just say'n.
PS, nice back rib'n on the manual thang...LOL Ya got me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts