Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got number 005 out yesterday and took a couple shots. Darn close but figured I'd go through her. Took it all down cleaned it up put it back together. Timed and synced the cams. Ata dead on. Today I zeroed it back in and got it shooting darn near the same hole out to 40 yrds. Put a practice broad head on the same 2 arrows id been shooting all morning. It was almost 4" low both arrows. So I weighed target tip bh practice tip and a real broad head. 125 on target tip pbh 126.2 real bh 122.
I sacrificed a real broad head and it hits exactly where pbh is hitting. I moved the speed dial on my scope I think almost 75 fps to get it hitting bulls.
My question is should I zero it back on 20 with the bh and go back and reset the speed dial at 40 yrds to make it hit the bull?
Scorpyd Death Stalker Grim Reaper LE
Jerry's best Spinal Tapps
125 grain tips
Shooting of a tripod and seated

20,30,40 last pic is pbh after i moved speed dial. You can see under the arrows where they were hitting before I moved it.
Let me know if this is enough info for you people that know way more than me to help me.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
935 Posts
...My question is should I zero it back on 20 with the bh and go back and reset the speed dial at 40 yrds to make it hit the bull? ....

Yes. When swapping arrows and broadheads around, always check at your sight in distance (in this case 20yds) and make adjustments there first. In some cases you may not even need to adjust the speed dial.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
So I got number 005 out yesterday and took a couple shots. Darn close but figured I'd go through her. Took it all down cleaned it up put it back together. Timed and synced the cams. Ata dead on. Today I zeroed it back in and got it shooting darn near the same hole out to 40 yrds. Put a practice broad head on the same 2 arrows id been shooting all morning. It was almost 4" low both arrows. So I weighed target tip bh practice tip and a real broad head. 125 on target tip pbh 126.2 real bh 122.
I sacrificed a real broad head and it hits exactly where pbh is hitting. I moved the speed dial on my scope I think almost 75 fps to get it hitting bulls.
My question is should I zero it back on 20 with the bh and go back and reset the speed dial at 40 yrds to make it hit the bull?
Scorpyd Death Stalker Grim Reaper LE
Jerry's best Spinal Tapps
125 grain tips
Shooting of a tripod and seated

20,30,40 last pic is pbh after i moved speed dial. You can see under the arrows where they were hitting before I moved it.
Let me know if this is enough info for you people that know way more than me to help me.

Good shooting there! What target is that? Did you make that? I like it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Good shooting there! What target is that? Did you make that? I like it.
Its a matrix target. I bought it for compound bows. Its the only target that will stop my crossbow consistently. Its hard to pull arrows but with the double d arrow puller its no problem. All others I've tried(spider web, and that red dice looking thing) they can't handle same hole accuracy as the scorpyd produces.
It is pricey but I think worth every penny. All the pieces are replaceable. I think I've replaced 4 since 2016. As you can see me and the kids shoot alot.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. When swapping arrows and broadheads around, always check at your sight in distance (in this case 20yds) and make adjustments there first. In some cases you may not even need to adjust the speed dial.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Thank you! I've never had it be that far off before. 1/2 inch to 1 inch at 40 im not concerned about. 3 to 4 inches its a problem. A little low in some cases is a good thing.

·
Registered
10,888 Posts
If my broadheads are off like that I always resight at 20 and get them dead on. I don't think I have ever had to adjust the speed dial after doing so.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I moved my speed dial back where it was at and shot at 20 yrds. Pic below. Then I shot at 30 yrds just a tic low. Moved back to 40 yrds one arrow was close other arrow had bad low issue. Im thinking bent head not sure. Didnt check it. My old ass is tired. After crossbow tuning this morning I did some broad head shooting with the compound bow. That was much nicer on me they hit right with fp.
Must have messed up earlier some how with the crossbow maybe wrong pin or something. Not sure. Atleast the compound worked good because bow season starts Thursday. Crossbow is another few weeks so I can fiddle with it some more.
Thanks guys for your help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts