Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I sure wish they would have used hogs for all the shots instead of a barrel since no one I know purposely shoots barrels, but do the hogs. They left out a few good ones to test~ NAP Spitfires and MUZZYs. I bet they didn't recover that hog either! No penetration at all. That was poor, but not the broadheads fault either. No power behind it. Still, interesting.

·
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guide Girl said:
I sure wish they would have used hogs for all the shots instead of a barrel since no one I know purposely shoots barrels, but do the hogs. They left out a few good ones to test~ NAP Spitfires and MUZZYs. I bet they didn't recover that hog either! No penetration at all. That was poor, but not the broadheads fault either. No power behind it. Still, interesting.
yes you are right, for me the penetration test is not so important, the important test for me is the zero plane and cut diameter in meat.
By the other hand, as you said they left other good broadhead
This video test is only fun

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have killed a couple of deer with Sonic heads with my compound. Furthest one ran about 70 yards. They fly just like field points also. The only downside I observed was that the very tip of the head will bend upon contact with bone. But overall, very impressed.

I even played around with the idea of getting some of the Sonic crossbow 150 grain heads to see how they perform. Has anyone ever shot the Sonic 150 heads?

·
512 Posts
I bought some 2 blade Rage broadheads to try this year. Problem is the practice head lost it's O ring after three shots and no one sells them around here. Will the practice head still be as accurate without the ring? I don't want to take one off my hunting heads.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Got a hardware store close by? They're just small O rings.

·
110 Posts
I can't believe he was able to stalk so close to that barrell..they are sure hard to sneak up on around here...lol

How does barrell taste? Anyone have some good recipes??

·
1,426 Posts
Here It Is : Rare Cajun Booze Baked Barrel Bistro Recipe...from The Institution :

a recipe for barrel ? sure : NOW PAY ATTENTION I AM TYPING SLOW SO YOU CAN KEEP UP ... ready ??? go :
take one barrel place the hole side up... fill with wine or beer and marinate on ice until very cold... drain the marinade by drinking it... move the barrel inside, fill it with a good whiskey or bourbon and age it ten minutes... drain the whiskey out slowly.. a glass at a time with ice and a mix or just ice in order to appear classy... when the whiskey is fully depleted and there is only a small amount of wetness in the bottom and on the sides toss in a lit match.. it will burn with a blue flame if you have done this correctly... the flame will burn with a beautiful hue for about a minute but no more than two minutes.. by that time you should fall to the ground next to the barrel and pull it down to break your fall .. be sure to do so with the open top facing you in case you get sick before you fall asleep for a while... your cooking and your meal is completed... rest a while cause it is poor form to begin cooking preparations before fully recovering from a full two course meal with all the trimmings (ice)...
for desert have a couple of antacid tablets broken up with three asprins and a glass of mineral water ( you can substitute gator ade if you are a health nut like me - cranberry is just plain wrong.. do not do it... )
share this meal at holidays or other occasions you wish to make memorable ... keep some bond money in your shoe, and write your name and phone number on your arms in order to be able to really relax and enjoy this festive entertaining and simple cajun extravaganza...that you can throw together in just an hour but serves several people who will learn a lot about each other over the four to fourteen hours it takes to complete the cooking and consumption and you will be really impressed that the overall effect of the barrel bakery bistro dish lasts for sometimes as much as a month...
people have proposed marriage and divorced within the course of one of these gatherings... it is a really intimate family tradition shared by my grand-daddy's parole officer with my grand daddy when he was moon shining to get the money to buy off a gun running charge before the liquor went legit... my daddy learned it in paw paw's will and passed it on to me before he passed out one night, which was lucky cause his grey matter turned kinda blue once he got his fill and he only made barking sounds and grunts after that ..
so I shared it with you.. pass it on in solemn fashion and stick to the recipe, cause just one little slip and you could end up in another country or something.. or even in New Orleans hooking fore you get straight... (that is damn embarrassing I will tell you.. for me it was ..now I stick to the directions right closely, and wrote em down even... )
all together now .. say :
THANKS FOR SHARING.. now we sing koom bah yah...
DK+ I use sonics... LOL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts