Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody help me o to t were moving the brush retention plate on triggertech?? TS390. Barnett sent me a replacement kit and does it just pop off or what?? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,190 Posts
Anybody help me o to t were moving the brush retention plate on triggertech?? TS390. Barnett sent me a replacement kit and does it just pop off or what?? Thanks in advance
Maybe.....

Many brush arrow retainer assemblies are attached to the scope rail with screws. Look under the scope along the picitiny rail and see if there are any recessed screws there. Probably two. If they are right above the brush, I'll bet removing them releases the old brush.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe.....

Many brush arrow retainer assemblies are attached to the scope rail with screws. Look under the scope along the picitiny rail and see if there are any recessed screws there. Probably two. If they are right above the brush, I'll bet removing them releases the old brush.
No screws at all its clipped in or something.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I did a search for "Retrofitting A Bristle Retainer". I found this under Barnett Crossbows started by Anthony Gibson Jan. 8 2017. You can scroll down on page #1 to "vagru" member response.
I'll summarize it.
Remove the scope, scope mount screws and hood screws as it is easier to work on.
Insert a small thin piece of bar stock or small screw driver to depress the hook. Once the hook has been pressed down, the housing can be slid forward out of the trigger hood. Once the brush is slid out, there will be tension on the spring between it and the hood. This spring can be adjusted as desired and reinstalled.

Remember, this was the procedure used back in January 2017.

All the best.

·
Registered
6,641 Posts
B cross, if you are successful do share with the Barnett community.

Reactions: B cross

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a bit of an issue right now. Neither Barnett nor Triggertech seems to be able to give me an idea. TTech was oblivious and not helpful at all. Claimed they didnt know

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
It's a bit of an issue right now. Neither Barnett nor Triggertech seems to be able to give me an idea. TTech was oblivious and not helpful at all. Claimed they didnt know

Sorry I can not help you any farther at the present time. My crossbows have the plastic retainer which was before the brush. I have taken the plastic retainer out but that is fastened in with two allen head bolts and has the tiny adjusting screw.

Triggertech probably would not know as they would not be the one to assemble the crossbow.
Some one from Barnett should know as that system has been out for a couple of years.

If you have the scope assembly off, could you post a couple of pictures of that area.

Wishing you all the best.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
From the picture, the section in front of the brush looks like it has to be unhooked or unclipped for it to slide forward.
Using my Ghost as an example: I remove the scope. There are two counter sunk allen head bolts in the center of the picatinny rail. Removing them, I am able to remove the picatinny rail. This would give you more clearance to work.

Above and to the rear of the safety, there is a small allen head bolt close to two inch long, one on each side. Do not remove them as that is part of what holds the trigger box in place.

If you are able to remove the picatinny rail it would be easier to get at the front to put something in the hole to unlatch the hook or clip. If that works the brush system should slide toward the riser.

All the best.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have tried every possible method. Dont want to break what is there or any of the internals. Thanks BR. Waiting for the replacement kit in hope it has a diagram of some sort

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
While waiting I would send the company an email asking how to do it. While they might say no idea on the phone they will probably forward the email to one of the people that actually assembles the bows to answer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts