Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see alot of discussion on people using the small bubble levels on their bows.Is it that important to have them,and if so please give me some insight to this please.Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
A bubble level properly installed, with a quick glance will show if one is tilting or canting the bow.
Some mount the bubble below the scope, an offset mounted on the scope. For target shooting
where my crossbow is mounted in a high quality rifle jig, the bubble is mounted in the hollow of
the stirrup (Barnett Ghost 410). Mounting here on some crossbows, there is not enough clearance
when shooting broad heads. I sliced on bubble level open.

A slight cant or tilt, the farther one shoots, the farther off the aiming point. The thickness of the line
on a bubble can make a difference especially when target shooting.

All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was t
A bubble level properly installed, with a quick glance will show if one is tilting or canting the bow.
Some mount the bubble below the scope, an offset mounted on the scope. For target shooting
where my crossbow is mounted in a high quality rifle jig, the bubble is mounted in the hollow of
the stirrup (Barnett Ghost 410). Mounting here on some crossbows, there is not enough clearance
when shooting broad heads. I sliced on bubble level open.

A slight cant or tilt, the farther one shoots, the farther off the aiming point. The thickness of the line
on a bubble can make a difference especially when target shooting.

All the best.
Take care.
I was thinking along that line but just needed to be sure i wasnt fooling myself or missing some trick.Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I’ve found the type that mount on the picatinny rail may not align with the crossbow’s rail perfectly.

I like the type that clamp onto the scope tube - especially the Holland knock offs. The best I ever had were the Mission levels - pricey but dead nuts and easier to pick up since they were mounted on the front riser.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
10,163 Posts
$17.00 for two of them on Amazon.

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Using bubble levels are a very good way to minimize canting. This style level works great. I found them (6) on the net I think on the bay cheap.
Notice I mounted them on flat in plane surface that agrees with the scope and rail plane using glue.
All I do when I shooting is look at it with my left eye while shooting with my right to conform.

·
10,163 Posts
What brand are those Duke? A link would have worked....
Jialitte … They're cheap and pretty well dampened. Some of the cheapo's don't use a very viscous fluid and the bubble jumps around like the Riverdancers. They're either 1" or 30mm coming with a spacer to do either.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
$17.00 for two of them on Amazon.
View attachment 180948
I get the same ones off eBay for the same price. They are identical to the $65 levels that are stamped “Holland Signature” - I know, I have one that I got from Midwest before realizing they were the same thing.

You be the judge.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys for the links and info.I kinda like those that are made onto the scope rings.Seem easy and out of the way.Thank guys and Happy 4th.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Your welcome! I didn't say but 6 of those bubbles cost about 8 bucks. They are light and my mounted spot is out of the way. They are very light and when glue can be adjusted using another level to true setting..
Good luck!
Happy 4th

1 - 12 of 12 Posts