Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Really cool Potter! What head are you using? At that close (congrats!) you must have hit him pretty good and hard. How far did he go?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used a muzzy hybred 100 gr. Hit above shoulder and lodged in bottom of rib far side. Arrow broke in 3 pieces. No exit hole , made for a poor blood trail. But he only went about 50 yes. I love this bow but still getting used to where the safety is located. And the short stock. Have the hawk xb pro ,.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats on the buck Sir. I love it when they get really close!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I used a muzzy hybred 100 gr. Hit above shoulder and lodged in bottom of rib far side. Arrow broke in 3 pieces. No exit hole , made for a poor blood trail. But he only went about 50 yes. I love this bow but still getting used to where the safety is located. And the short stock. Have the hawk xb pro ,.
well, even with a poor blood trail, I’d think 50 yards wasn’t too difficult! Thanks for the info and congrats again on what must have been a heart racing hunt, connecting that close!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Congrats on the buck Sir. I love it when they get really close!
Really cool Potter! What head are you using? At that close (congrats!) you must have hit him pretty good and hard. How far did he go?
Got this pa buck last night He came in right at last light. Shot him at 6 yds. Walking straight towards my stand. View attachment 185217 View attachment 185217
I got done butchering and found that the broad head did pierce the left shoulder near the bottom of the blade then blew out a rib and lodged in the far side rib.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s one powerful bow and a bad ass muzzy hunted. It did break one expandable blade.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yep that safety is in a bad place for sure. That is the biggest dislike I have on the R26.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts