Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shooting all of the 2020 bows that interested me, I am building my favorite, customizing it with all of my favorite goodies...
What I based my decision on and in no particular order:
Simple- I changed the string and cables to America's Best Bowstrings with screw drivers, no bow press needed.
Lightweight- One word... CARBON
Shootability- Limbsavers and Bowjax at the sweet spots make it dead in the hands at the shot..
Quiet- One of the most quiet and almost vibe free out of the box, add vibration and noise dampeners... SICK!
Great trigger
Titanium fasteners
Flat Trajectory and only 150 lbs draw weight (lower draw weight = less wear and tear) to hit 420 FPS!
Clear optics- Decided on the Vortex Crossfire II
For me hunting in New Jersey... IMO is the perfect bow for Saddle hunting, still hunting, blind hunting etc...
Here is my builds current condition, waiting for the stock, having it custom dipped...

·
Registered
10,821 Posts
I totally agree with you as I love my DS 420. You need to try a set of Marty's S&C. They will get you some extra speed also or at least they did on mine. I am considering ordering a Firenock AD crank for mine. It is expensive though.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I totally agree with you as I love my DS 420. You need to try a set of Marty's S&C. They will get you some extra speed also or at least they did on mine. I am considering ordering a Firenock AD crank for mine. It is expensive though.
I love the short sled... No problem from the saddle with it and it is super fast!

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
I love the short sled... No problem from the saddle with it and it is super fast!
The short sled is awsome, no fuss no muss. I tried to cock my Nemesis 480 with it and I can only get it about 3/4 of the way up so, it ain't gonna happen on that bow and I'm upset about having to use the long rope on it. That short sled is really nice....

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Yeah she looks a little naked right now , but what a great start on a great bow !!!!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
From the title, I thought ya was yap'n about Jeff's X25!!!!!!.......

·
Registered
123 Posts
View attachment 185129
View attachment 185130

Scott at Double S Hydrographix in Newton, NJ did an awesome job!!!
Can't wait to get them and I think this is going to look sweet when put together, looks like he did a great job with that Kryptek film.... Are you a Kryptek fan?
Yes, I am. The Axe I bought in a kryptek Pattern because of the awesome Look!! Very nice Stock!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Really happy with my DS... The red America's Best Bowstrings were easy to install with screw drivers and to time, simple!

Looking good at 40 yds with Executioners out of the box...

UCB10.jpg

UCB11.jpg

·
Registered
214 Posts
Looks great now to just kill some whiteails with it

·
Banned
5,180 Posts
Not sure I could cock my DS380 with a short sled with my torn rotator cuff.

More likely that half my lower intestine would end up hanging out my azz afterwards.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts