Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good place to get cheap arrows in bulk - is there such a thing?? Probably 25 to 50 at a time. New to Crossbows and need ones for target practice. I know I will destroy them so don't want expensive ones to begin with. All I know is they can be 18" to 20" and greater than 380 grains. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Purchase a dozen high quality arrows and choose 3 or 4 for practice sessions. DO NOT shoot at the same spot, DO NOT try to tightly group arrows. Point of Aim POA being your Point of Impact POI = desired Accuracy. Much easier on the pocketbook and you will get the most out of your equipment. The above comments based on my experience.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Echoing generator above, I joined this forum this year because I wanted to get back into archery and try out crossbow hunting. I can tell you from my experience your best bet is to invest roughly $40 more in your arrows (per 6 pack) and call Jerry at south shore archery supply and get some custom made arrows, will take you 5 mins over the phone to order for your crossbow. I went from shooting 2.5" groups at 30 yards using crappy factory made arrows to shooting 1" groups at 40 yards, night and day difference.

You should also ask yourself why are you shooting? Is it for fun, trying to get the best accuracy possible or hunting? I only shoot to get ready for deer season and I literally have 12 arrows right now. 6 for target practice (not shooting groups) and 6 that I will use for actual hunting that shot the best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts