Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got just the bow, think the guy was using the scope and the ext cocker on another bow, what I payed for it I can buy a ext if I have to, or sell my c2 to help pay for the ext, half the fun in all of this is to build bows, back when I shot for a sports center the would come up with parts of different bows, I made some wonderful shooting bows, lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Cool! I think you'll like the Charger EXT crank a lot! The mounting bracket is a quick-release type that is made to fit on the stock. Its a high quality and durable looking crank IMO. Speaking of addon parts... I noticed that on the Assassin models that have the built-in Charger crank there is a small bracket mounted on the stock where the crank handle can be stored while carrying the crossbow. That small bracket has a part number... I ordered one of them to see if I can add it onto my 440 stock somewhere. I'm afraid I'll lose my handle if I just stuff it in my pocket. I'll let ya know how that little mod goes... if ya got any tips you can share I'm all ears! :D

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Congrats, I am looking at the Bulldog as well.
I prefer it to the Take-Down models right now, simply for accuracy sake, although I do prefer the crank on the TD models better than the Bulldog's.
Happy shooting and be safe!
Cheers,
dynamo61

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of bolts are u using? I have been buying killer instinct hyper and adding 110 grain insert with 100 grain point for a 413 grain arrow, I find if I put 110 inserts in any bolt I use it works well, the gold tip 396 already have a 110 insert I just cut them to inches !!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I personally like Jerry's Spynal Tapps. I like to change things up, test different combinations and Jerry provides matched arrows every time. I haven't shot my new 440 yet, but gonna start with 21" Tapps, ST280 vanes (ST280 are 1st time test for me), AL flat nock and 92gr insert with tips up to 175gn. My M380 shot best when FOC exceeded 19% so I intend to start testing around there before trying any other long arrow combos.

Honestly I feel like Excaliburs can shoot any arrow well as long as they are fairly straight, with FOC > 17% and spined enough though. Trying different things provides more reasons to shoot... :)

·
Registered
Excalibur Bulldog 440
77 Posts
I got a BD440 earlier this year and that cb is devastating! I shoot 2219 alum with 110gn inserts and 125gn heads. The first shots into a Black Hole target buried the arrow to the fletchs at 20yds. It blew thru my bag target and stopped midway in 5/8 inch plywood backstop at 30yds. I’m now looking for a better target. Accuracy is great right out of the box (1/2 in at 20yds). The Charger EXT works very well which is great because using a rope cocker on this beast is very hard especially the last 3-4 inches of travel. The scope is great, it has a clean view, very clear and easy to dial in the zeros and the speed.
The moose will never know what hit them this fall.

Reactions: retro

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sain BD440:n aiemmin tänä vuonna ja se cb on tuhoisa! Ammun 2219 alunaa 110gn sisäkkeillä ja 125gn päillä. Ensimmäiset laukaukset Mustan aukon maaliin hautasivat nuolen 20 jaardin etäisyydelle. Se puhalsi pussikohteeni läpi ja pysähtyi puoliväliin 5/8 tuuman vanerin takaiskussa 30 jaardin kohdalla. Nyt etsin parempaa kohdetta. Tarkkuus on loistava heti laatikosta otettuna (1/2 tuumaa 20 jaardissa). Charger EXT toimii erittäin hyvin, mikä on hienoa, koska köysikokkerin käyttäminen tällä pedolla on erittäin vaikeaa, etenkin matkan viimeiset 3-4 tuumaa. Kiikari on loistava, siinä on selkeä näkymä, erittäin selkeä ja helppo valita nollia ja nopeutta.
Hirvi ei koskaan tiedä, mikä niihin osui tänä syksynä.
[/LAINATA]
I got a BD440 earlier this year and that cb is devastating! I shoot 2219 alum with 110gn inserts and 125gn heads. The first shots into a Black Hole target buried the arrow to the fletchs at 20yds. It blew thru my bag target and stopped midway in 5/8 inch plywood backstop at 30yds. I’m now looking for a better target. Accuracy is great right out of the box (1/2 in at 20yds). The Charger EXT works very well which is great because using a rope cocker on this beast is very hard especially the last 3-4 inches of travel. The scope is great, it has a clean view, very clear and easy to dial in the zeros and the speed.
The moose will never know what hit them this fall.
Bulldog doghouse plus or XL 450 model so all arrows stop and release with fingers (only field point suitable)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts