Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have good news for everyone that has need to get a bare crossbow, or crossbow with modifications to packages. Contacting the manufacturer does wonders. I live in the state of Colorado where it seems every crossbow as comes out of the offical box and package is illegal, and being a good citizen I do not want to be in possition of something that is illegal. State of Colorado limits sights on crossbows to Iorn sightts, "seeall" sights, or 1x red dots. Until 2 years ago the restriction also included batteries or other illumination sources. The crossbow is legal, it is the packages that are not legal.

Contacting the manufacturer has helped to resolve the issue. Mission will gladly sell me a crossbow without a package. Scorpyd will do the same. TenPoint, will not seel me the crossbow without the package, but will work through there proshop to sell a bare crossbow, that was a dealer demonstration model, with a full warentee as if I were to purchase the box set from them. Parker is going out of business and not making deals, plus any sales are as is, no warentees. Killer Instinct is not currently making direct sales through them or there importing company, until after the ATA show. Have not contacted Darton, Toxins look like good crossbows, but with my prioritties in a crossbow, did not see one that jumped out at me and said buy me.

The other option is do not buy from the box stores, but from a local or nationally recognized independent dealer. TenPoint besides their proshop had me contact Wyner Creations that will work with me with the crossbows he sells to create a crossbow that will meett my needs and be legal in Colorado.

With a Horton Storm, the crossbow alone cost about halph the amount of the package, so you are paying for the package in a very simular way you would a verticle bow. Mission looks like the packages are something they worked out with the supliers of the items in the package to get the purchaser a deal, Scorpyd looks like they have worked out a deal in the package too.

Bottom line is to take the time and ask for what you want, or need. The worst that will happen is the manufacturer or retailer tells you no.

·
Registered
60 Posts
you would think that the major manufactures with their knowledge of the markets
along with the trade shows would offer the legal package for those states with
restrictions at the time of the sales . but then you can add in the extra parts and accessories
in the mix and it all adds in more of your money spent on the over all investment of the
crossbow package to be legal ,, so it all starts with you just purchasing the crossbow to set the
hook ,,

TS2

·
Registered
179 Posts
It is likely easier for the companies to put together packages with better equipment then the ones coming out of China, and dealing with retailers or individual purchasers that have legal or other special needs. the thing is everyone I contacted did know the situation and most were willing to work with me directly or indirectly to make good accomodations

·
Banned
46 Posts
I have good news for everyone that has need to get a bare crossbow, or crossbow with modifications to packages. Contacting the manufacturer does wonders. I live in the state of Colorado where it seems every crossbow as comes out of the offical box and package is illegal, and being a good citizen I do not want to be in possition of something that is illegal. State of Colorado limits sights on crossbows to Iorn sightts, "seeall" sights, or 1x red dots. Until 2 years ago the restriction also included batteries or other illumination sources. The crossbow is legal, it is the packages that are not legal.

Contacting the manufacturer has helped to resolve the issue. Mission will gladly sell me a crossbow without a package. Scorpyd will do the same. TenPoint, will not seel me the crossbow without the package, but will work through there proshop to sell a bare crossbow, that was a dealer demonstration model, with a full warentee as if I were to purchase the box set from them. Parker is going out of business and not making deals, plus any sales are as is, no warentees. Killer Instinct is not currently making direct sales through them or there importing company, until after the ATA show. Have not contacted Darton, Toxins look like good crossbows, but with my prioritties in a crossbow, did not see one that jumped out at me and said buy me.

The other option is do not buy from the box stores, but from a local or nationally recognized independent dealer. TenPoint besides their proshop had me contact Wyner Creations that will work with me with the crossbows he sells to create a crossbow that will meett my needs and be legal in Colorado.

With a Horton Storm, the crossbow alone cost about halph the amount of the package, so you are paying for the package in a very simular way you would a verticle bow. Mission looks like the packages are something they worked out with the supliers of the items in the package to get the purchaser a deal, Scorpyd looks like they have worked out a deal in the package too.

Bottom line is to take the time and ask for what you want, or need. The worst that will happen is the manufacturer or retailer tells you no.
What the heck does it mater to colorado about a box??? I swear iv trucked through colorado for over 35 years that state went down hill wen transplanted californians started taking over, they wrecked the state of cslifornia while making their millions then needed someplace they could run to for a play ground or retirement! They move to cilorado and and wreck it with their liberal cslifornia bs!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts