Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought some after reading great reviews here and on Cabelas site. Im trying to zero, and can't get but a shot in without the blades bending which causes it to fly off the next shot. Unfortunately they don't offer a practice tip that I can find. I've read of people using tape or welding it, are there any other ideas? Im thinking both could change the weight or the way it flies. Also I'd rather not keep wasting o rings and tearing my target up if possible. Any ideas or suggestions Willis be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
These are a pretty classic style broadhead very much like the NAP and similar Grim Reapers. You may be able to use JB Weld to bond the 3 blades closed and then practice with them. Adding a few gn or weight for the JB Weld should not have a huge impact on POI.

These are "one shot" style 3 blade mechanical broadheads. Are these the Silver or Gold ferrule Lazer Strikes?

What type of broadhead target are you shooting them into?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are a pretty classic style broadhead very much like the NAP and similar Grim Reapers. You may be able to use JB Weld to bond the 3 blades closed and then practice with them. Adding a few gn or weight for the JB Weld should not have a huge impact on POI.

These are "one shot" style 3 blade mechanical broadheads. Are these the Silver or Gold ferrule Lazer Strikes?

What type of broadhead target are you shooting them into?
They are gold. Im shooting into a rinehardt 18-1.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
They are gold. Im shooting into a rinehardt 18-1.

You're good on the right head choice. My Rinheart target is very hard on mechanicals being so dense. Don't hardly use it any more because of it. One the flip side the High Roller is almost too soft for 400+ fps xbows shooting heavy arrows with broadheads but that's my broadhead test target currently. I just bonded some Grim Reaper mechanicals and need to test them in the High Roller. I hope they survive and can be re-shot.....

·
Registered
104 Posts
I shoot the nap shockwaves and use a slightly thicker o-ring in place of the factory size o-rings and that holds the blades closed for 3-4 shots.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
The JB Weld held for only two shots. Blades and ferrule are SS and Aluminum so welding is not an option. I may search for another bonding product and try it again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The JB Weld held for only two shots. Blades and ferrule are SS and Aluminum so welding is not an option. I may search for another bonding product and try it again.
Yea I took one to a welder buddy he said it wouldn't work. I really wish they made a practice head.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Yea I took one to a welder buddy he said it wouldn't work. I really wish they made a practice head.

Grim Reaper does have one for SOME of their broadheads but not for this big 4 blade. Still thinking it through.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grim Reaper does have one for SOME of their broadheads but not for this big 4 blade. Still thinking it through.
Thanks man. I at least want to give these a try with the reviews and price but they make it tough!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I gave up and ordered some Grim Reapers. I'll play around with these and see if I can come up with something that works, but it's too close to deer season to be messing around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts