Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ladies and gents,
I'm Mike and this is my 1st post, I'm 53 whom served in the Marines and a business owner. I rarely write anything on any forum. I'm writing this as a duty to inform people who've also been waiting on Back order with Cabelas for the Ravin R15 or any other product on back order may apply.

This is Verified information! Call either place yourself.
Last week it was APPROVED for Bass Pro purchase of Cabelas.

On September 4th I purchased the R15 after a few phone calls I finally found out I was number 87 on the list.
Monday 9/18 I called Cabellas again Found out 191 people on Back Order with No. 1 has been waiting since August 23rd or 26th. I was told a major shipment finally was arriving on the 9/21 to cover everyone.

Well Friday 9/22 I found out a few things. Cabelas ONLY received 38 R15 in out of 191 people back ordered in a Whole Month. I'm now No. 49 from 87. Their is 160 + still on back order. Not counting new orders.

Next order will Not arrive till 10/4 with no indication of the amount to receive.

Bass Pro as of the night of 9/22, had ALL back orders filled PLUS just under 50 Ravin R15 can be shipped out this Monday and for extra $3 get 2-3 day shipping.

This can be verified by yourself with just 2 phone calls, so I'm not looking for a argument, just to enlighten you to my findings about Cabelas and how things are changing.

In my book, this is Extremely bad service and I will not purchase another thing from Cabelas including a pair of hunting socks. Obviously Cabelas Warranty in short future will no longer be Cabelas Strongest point and reputation built on as it will be the same as Bass Pro.

I live in S.W. Florida and was nailed by the N.E. part of the eye of Irma so I need to go back outside with the chainsaws and try to get my place back in order, which is the reason I can not reply all day. Hopefully this information is helpful and helps answer some questions you may of had???

All the Best to You and Yours,
Breath, Relax, Aim small,

Mike

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Howdy to ya!

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Welcome to the new look CN. What exactly is your complaint? You purchased a bow at Cabela's and you were on a waiting list? Bass Pro filled their orders first? Ravin was not shipping quickly enough?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Cabela's is by far the worse place you can purchase any sporting goods. Prices are higher then most competitors. Shipping fees are exceedingly high, customer service tells you they will take care of everything then do nothing. Clothing products are cheap Chinese knock offs sold at premium prices. If you make a purchase, you will be smothered in sales magazines three or four times a month. There was a time they were a great place to shop but that ended a long time ago.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hello:

Welcome to the forum!

Hope all goes well with the recovery....

Unclear about your purchase, did you get one from Basspro?

We have both outdoor super stores down here and I've always liked Cabela's inventory better, especially firearms and related equipment, don't buy much else from either of them, but they are handy.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Welcome to the nation!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I'm confused. If Ravin hasn't shipped the crossbows to Cabela's, how is it Cabela's fault that yours is still on back order? Sounds more like you should be blaming Ravin. I live about 15-20 miles from both and like shopping at both stores. I actually prefer Cabela's a little more. Just my opinion.

Reactions: allNitroedup

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
How much searching from other vendors did you do ??... Was Cabelas the only place you buy from?

Cabelas cannot ship something they do not have when its a manufacturing issue...

Here's hoping that Ravin will get the lead out...

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Welcome Mike. I feel your pain with Irma... we got hit pretty good also. Regarding your Ravin... did you already pay for it or leave a deposit? Why not just cancel the Cabela's order and get it somewhere else... or get a different bow?

Good luck man.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Welcome to CBN. Cabelas is relatively new where I live.I've been there 2 times and found their pricing and selection better than Bass pro which is much closer to me.I rarely buy anything from Bass pro unless its on sale.Due to the fact they charge more than everybody else.I was disappointed when I heard Bass pro purchased Cabelas.If I buy from a box store it will be Dicks sporting goods or Academy sports and outdoors.

I'd ask for a refund and buy elsewhere.

·
9,016 Posts
Cabelas ... basically sucks. High prices, mostly poor quality, lousy service. They've fallen from being one of the best to being one of the worst over the last 25 years. I have a Cabelas credit card and even I won't buy from them anymore. I use the Cabelas Bucks to get Swarovski or Zeiss optics or a high end name brand item for free. (Summit Climber about 10 years ago) Bass Pro was always WORSE than cabelas, so it's telling us something that Bass Pro is buying them ...lol

I agree, call Wyvern to get your R15. Customer Service difference is like night & day.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Cabelas ... basically sucks. High prices, mostly poor quality, lousy service. They've fallen from being one of the best to being one of the worst over the last 25 years. I have a Cabelas credit card and even I won't buy from them anymore. I use the Cabelas Bucks to get Swarovski or Zeiss optics or a high end name brand item for free. (Summit Climber about 10 years ago) Bass Pro was always WORSE than cabelas, so it's telling us something that Bass Pro is buying them ...lol

I agree, call Wyvern to get your R15. Customer Service difference is like night & day.
Well...I guess I feel the opposite way about Cabela's. It's still one of my favorite places to shop. I live about 20 minutes away from the Dundee, Michigan store. It's a 225,000 square foot monstrosity. I've always had great customer service and have found some really great deals on their sale items. Earlier this year TX_RDXguy posted about a Horton Storm that the Plano, TX Cabela's store had on clearance for a great price. I called the store and they went above and beyond to ship that crossbow to me here in Ohio. I could go on and on with stories about the great customer service I have received from Cabela's. I'm really surprised to hear that some have received less than desirable service.

·
894 Posts
I too have had excellent service from Cabela's, BUT, I NEVER buy anything from them unless it's on sale. Their regular prices are high IMO. Bass Pro is worse.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Bargain caver @ this end... :D
I once bought a trail camera on sale at Cabela's. I used it in the woods for a couple of months. It took crappy quality pictures. Thanks to Cabela's generous return policy I was able to return it for a full refund. I found it in the bargain cave a week later for more than I paid for it on sale. Lol!!

Reactions: SWAMP DONKEY
1 - 20 of 62 Posts