Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received some PM's asking what the H#$% is going on with this scope, I cannot get it to calibrate??????
This scope is a bit different then others on the market. Some, not all, reference ZERO off the 20 yard marker. Meaning once you sight in at 20, the speed ring has no effect on 20, only the rest of the yardages. The MA3TY on the other hand references the 50 yard reticle as ZERO.

If you were to lock the scope in a vise and use the 50 as zero on a target, then adjust the speed ring CW then CCW you will see that the 50 yard reticle never moves. However those above and below will "spread" apart farther at a lower FPS on the dial and come closer together at higher FPS settings.

So, Set the speed ring at what you believe is a close FPS. Get on paper at 20 with E and W adjustments near bulls eye, doesn't need to be perfect, just close. MEASURE out to 50 yards with a tape. I do not advise using a range finder unless you know it is dead on. Take a shot with a known good arrow( golden arrow as I call them). Adjust your turrets so that you are spot on at 50. Then, come back to 30, not 20 and take a shot. IF you are high at 30 then make a SLIGHT adjustment to the speed ring at a higher value (5 fps is recommended) Take another shot at 30 and measure the result of your adjustment. Fine tune until your 50 and 30 are spot on. All other yardages should be calibrated to your bow with that specific "Golden" arrow. (changing arrow weight, tips will require re-calibration)

Follow these steps and you will be amazed at the accuracy this scope provides from 20-100 yards. Once calibrated I can tell you that if I'm off POI then it was ME, not the optics. Many people get frustrated with this scope due to not understanding how to calibrate it. Don't, enjoy the time, experiment with the speed ring so your confidence in adjustments are understood. This is a great scope! May even call you "Robin" once you get it tuned perfect!

"Aim small, Miss small"
FD

Attachments

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Are you using this scope on your ts 370 now that you have sold your constrictor or do you have a new project xbow?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Familiar with it. Light weight. Your review will be the first I have will have read on CBN. Look forward to it.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Sounds like the same sight in as used on a Ravin scope except you do 20 then 50 then back to 20 using the speed ring per their instructions. I doubt that it would matter at all if you used 30 to finish instead of 20.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found that 30 provides a tad more incremental accuracy. At 370 and above, it pretty flat.
FD

1 - 6 of 6 Posts