Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I love my Desert Strykers and their superior design, but they have a long way to go in customer service.

I am fed up with Bowtech's policies of only dealing with their dealers and won't talk to us. I have one of my Desert Strykers in being checked out so I called to check on how its going and they won't talk to me...the dealer that sent it in has to call them with an RNA number.

Everyone that has a Bowtech product email and call Savage and tell them they need to improve the CS at Bowtech. Thats the only way this company will improve its CS is from the new owner intervening in my book. Savage has always provided great customer service maybe it can be provided to Bowtech whether they have to fire everyone in Bowtech's CS department or they will just adopt a new attitude is not relevent to me..I just think they need their head pulled forcibly out of their proverbial rear.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
I to feel they have a great Crossbow ,but there customer service is not as good as should be.Especially after dealing with other Crossbow companies.
On several occasions after I purchased my Desert Stryker ,tried to get information about repairs,time,and other inquires and was given different answers each time I would call.As far as as only talking and dealing with dealers,They implied to me I was not intelligent enough to understand what they would have to say.I really like my Desert Stryker,but it may be my last purchase from Bowtech, unless changes come about.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
DITTO ! ! ! :sifone:

·
Registered
25 Posts
i think if yo talk to the main offices or savage arms you might could get some help in the crossbow dept of bowtech. i know they do take care of their bow dealers and you usually have to go thru the place you bought the bow but i have owned pse which peoplle don't seem to care for and they have the best service i have ever had and savage is aces as far as i am concerned
good luck. i have been a horton fan for a long time and i have never had a problem with their service either and have had great relations with them for years
rob k

·
11,411 Posts
Recurveman and Specialized

Does your dealer not offer help in getting answers for you? If not, why not?

I found out today from Bowtech that thy had so much trouble with customers going around dealers leaving the dealers ticked off they had to change their policy. If the dealer is not getting you information that's unacceptable. When my Phantom limb cracked I took it to the dealer and put it in his hands. The ball was in his court until I got it back. I can understand to an extent how companies get in a bind dealing with a dealer's customer. I'd be pouncing on the dealer's head.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Moonkryket said:
Does your dealer not offer help in getting answers for you? If not, why not?

I found out today from Bowtech that thy had so much trouble with customers going around dealers leaving the dealers ticked off they had to change their policy. If the dealer is not getting you information that's unacceptable. When my Phantom limb cracked I took it to the dealer and put it in his hands. The ball was in his court until I got it back. I can understand to an extent how companies get in a bind dealing with a dealer's customer. I'd be pouncing on the dealer's head.
I have no problem with my dealer,he is great,but he is also several hundred miles away.
The local dealer,60 miles away acts like you are an alien if you come in there shop with a crossbow.
Why can't Bowtech have a great customer service like Tenpoint, there you do not have to go through the dealer to ask a simple question about your bow.Again, Tenpoint and other companies deal direct with customers and do not get in a bind.You can call or e-mail and they act like they really appreciate there customers.

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Moon you know my situation. This was a DS I purchased used and wanted it checked out and corrected. I shipped mine back via Bass Pro as we have no Stryker dealers in the area. Only retailers like Bass Pro and Cabela's who are allowed to buy Bowtech merchandise from authorized distributors much like other archery shops or sporting goods stores do that Bowtech clams they have no control over. BS BS BS. If you can't control your own distribution channel, you need a couple 100 level courses in Distribition Management at the local community college.

So anyway, I called on my specific instance to check on my DS. As this checkup is not covered my warranty being I am the 2nd owner..I wanted to know how much I owed them.

Thats when I got the BS in the original post. So...Savage is the answer to my solution...its time to turn up the heat on the 'dancing chicken' a favorite quote of mine from Pure Country.

·
7 Posts
Bowtech

I tried to find out if my DS needed the trigger upgrade only reply i could get was have your dealer call for an RO# ask if they had triggers in stock same awnser,after the dealer sent them the DS they said it would take 4-5 weks to get the DS back warrenty says 72HR had dealer call and bitch then they sent me a different DS back, had dealer bitch again they told him it was a mistake but my invoice showed the words new ser# and the ser# of the bow they sent me back they lied, ended up getting a new DS as mine couldnt be found.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Boy, this seems like a growing trend here. Probably only one percent of the owners of Stryker crossbows visit the site, and lots of them have had to send their bows back, and they haven't had good experiences with doing so. I wonder what the actual numbers are of owners of Strykers with bad customer service would be? Scary I'll bet.:D

·
1,426 Posts
I wonder how many percentage wise have problems... was it all older models with problems... if they were more helpful it would prevent returns that are unecessary.. maybe some warranty stations around the country would save the day on customer service... at least for a while .. it seems necessary.. guess they are growing too fast..
dk

·
11,411 Posts
Recurveman's situation is an example

where there is no way a dealer can help him. He wanted to get his crossbow, which he purchased used, worked on at Bowtech and pay for it and still he feels he got the runaround.

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It will be interesting what Bowtech does with the bow. I know they are not going to do this for free. So if and when they call me for money. I am going to either tell them I do not commuincate with manufactures as I am busy, so they can contact my dealer in this case Bass Pro and deal with them. Or I may refer them to the Customer Service page on the Savage Arms website.

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, here we go with more Bowtech customer service (BS). Seems, they repaired the bow and didn't charge me (golf clap). However, they shipped it back to Bass Pro and didn't tell them what or why they shipped it. BP was trying to figure out if it was in their inventory or what exactly they had for the past 3 weeks. So, I stroll in to BP today to get a couple things and ask about my bow. They say..we don't know but we will call Bowtech tomorrow and find out. As I am walking out, I hear my name on the walkie-talkie of the CS agent. They found it upstairs in Hunting and for me to come up and get it. Well, I picke it up. The safey was repaired per my request and the deck has the anodize off in a couple places (thanks Bowtech). So I guess in the end. I got what I expected, BS customer service, my repair free of charge and the deck scratched up on the sides and across the deck about at midpoint.

Savage has an ear full coming from me on this excursion. Its pathetic, inexcusable and cannot be allowed to continue, I don't care if we have to get some folks fired. None of us should have to go thru this level of crap. I would have rather and expected to pay for any repairs as I bought this 2nd one used for a back up bow. But I never counted on Bowtech and their WORLD CLASS CUSTOMER NOSERVICE. Rant Mode Off.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Great I finally got around to putting mine in the box and ready to go back for the trigger fix. I'm so happy hearing this. I posted a lot last time they did the big delay thing. We'll see how round 2 goes.

Oh always save the box your DS comes in.

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UL its ok. The biggest problme is they have designed the hunting cross bow of the century in my opinion. Its the Customer Service that needs thrown under to bus to borrow a quote Osama Obama.

·
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
beervo2, please don't avoid DS..its the best bow I know of, my horror story here is related to one that I bought 2nd hand as a back up to my primary DS. Being the 2nd owner you are on your own with Bowtech and at their mercy on warranty issues. Now that being said...if you are a new owner and buy from a Bowtech dealer, you will be taken care of as long as you follow their rules. They (currently) will not discuss your problem with you...they are too good to talk to a consumer...and will only service their dealer base. That is my whole problem with them. As the one with the money spent on their products....they should be accountable to us and not the beloved dealer. They will tell you to have your dealer call them as they don't discuss issues related to "your" bow with you. Thats why Savage will be hearing from me weekly until this practice stops at Bowtech or their CS is looking for new jobs, preferably at Indian Archery as they are out of business. It pains me that the only way for us the worthless consumer with the money to spend has to blacken the eye of a company to get their attention but oh well.

·
2,811 Posts
recurveman, I agree with you 100%, the consumer is the one spending the money everybody else is making a profit off that money ( dealer- company),
I want to keep up on this situation because I don't like the way CS deals with the consumer, the way I see it, I spent the money, it's my bow so you tell me whats going on with my bow..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts