Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody working with the cams on pile driver 390 ? Iam getting 393 with a 356 grain bolt

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Greetings:
I have the Carbon Express 390 Pile Driver. With cams advanced I shot the 370 grain arrow point combination
at 411 feet per second. I have since added and extra layer of serving .030 BCY over the arrow nock area to
save the original serving as it is too costly to keep importing from the U.S. into Canada.

Adding the serving slowed the bow down a wee bit plus I backed the cams off slightly to reduce stress.
Here are some arrow weights and speeds I shot today for you to see.
1)Barnett head Hunter 378 grain including point at 393 feet per second.
2)Barnett head Hunter 402 grain including point at 382 feet per second.
3)Carbon Express Pile Driver 450 grain including point at 367 feet per second.

Over all I am very happy the ways this crossbow shoots.
Thanks for inquiring.
Take care.

100_4345.JPG
100_4344.JPG 100_4346.JPG

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
370 grain bolt at 411 is getting it done for sure, have u had any limbs crack on u yet. Two years in a row had one limb start to splinter, they took care of it. Wasn’t pushing it. Bee,s at 474 grains !!

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
I just bought this crossbow this spring as the store had it discounted as the crossbow is not built any more.
This is the 2019 version. I was referred to Ferydyne where they stated once the parts they have are gone
that is it as they took on a different crossbow but from views I have seen, many parts are the same as the
Carbon Express Pile Driver 390.
Set up in a high quality rifle jig with level bubbles on the jig and the crossbow, it is deadly accurate. My
crossbows are all set up this way for target shooting and tuned a way above the manufactures advertised
speed in feet per second. I do all my own tuning as I have a press for both crossbow and vertical bow. A
vertical bow can be set up to shoot it remotely so as the operator can not cant or tilt it.
All the best.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If u look at the the safety ass u can tell if the bow and it’s parts will work, I think the Bruin bows are the same and a couple others, as far as tuning I do paper test then bare shaft tuning, another thing I do is shoot off of what I hunt with, in my experience there is a forgiving set up !! IMO Pat K

Reactions: bunnyrabbit
1 - 5 of 5 Posts