Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi : I like to camo things a bit .. love the ghille suits and leafy camo outfits.... seem more effective to me... I was wondering if you guys use a camo leaf outfit or any thing but paint to cover your cross bows... I used some leaves on my turkey shotgun and liked it a lot.. down in front of the magazine tube.. I was just thinking again.. I do that sometimes when I am really bored..
dk

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I don't think I own much that isn't camo. I love camo. When I go to town in the mornings with coffee in my truck, the vibration and bumps on the road slop my coffee around and if I get a drip on my shirt it's okay if its camo. White t-shirts are not good for morning trips to town.
FYI, my truck has camo flames! Ha!

·
33 Posts
I'm gonna have my new xbow stock camo dipped tomorrow. I had it done to my long guns and it looks great and protects them from the elements better. Nothing like Advantage Timber on everything!

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
I like camo but see no need for extra on bows beyond what Excal and Parker has done to mine. Did make some scope covers for the Lumis tho.

·
329 Posts
GG,

fwiw, an old friend of mine from Bexar County has a CAMO bikini. "Myfie" says, "It makes me invisible."
(do i have to tell you that she's BLOND???)

i HAD to CHUCKLE at that.

yours, texasnative46

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
texasnative46 said:
GG,

fwiw, an old friend of mine from Bexar County has a CAMO bikini. "Myfie" says, "It makes me invisible."
(do i have to tell you that she's BLOND???)

i HAD to CHUCKLE at that.

yours, texasnative46
In that case I need two! I'm blonde every time I get ahold of the bleach. I was detained from being blonde last week, because I found two gray hairs! Argh! Everyone laughed at me, for being upset about it, so I don't need the bleach yet if people are still laughing at me.
Camo Rocks!

·
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GG : I sort of have a mixture of grey and blonde hair... but it goes like this :
my blonde hair was blond when it fell out years ago .. ( I dream it is waiting for me on a carribean island and we will reunite with hair down to my ... anyway we will get back together..)
my grey hair stayed with me and will have to be dyed to match when my real, and young hair reasserts its rightful spot to the crown, so to speak .
Damo does rock... I like to add leaves of quiet plastic or fabric to my outfit when I am not in city camo but in serious hunting camo..
I like to break outlines of straight lines up with leaves also..
I would like a suit for court made of a nice camo..
dk

·
352 Posts
While I too like camo and seem to have something of most patterns, I've come to not like it on small items that can easily be left on the ground, like a knife or flashlight, and be lost because it's over-looked or forgotten until later and you have to come back to look for it. In fact, I've started wrapping some reflective bicycle tape around these smaller items so that I can hopefully find them, especially in the dark, by shinning a flashlight. (I always carry two flashlights, fixing the first one immediately with the aid of the second one. Don't ask me how I learned this!) Also, it seems that deer often show up just as the sun goes down, meaning a tracking job in the dark, field dressing it by flashlight, and then trying to backtrack to gather up my gear which I've left at my stand. Reflective tape on my climber or permanent stand really helps to find it as do clothes pins with reflective tape on them to find my way back to the deer in the dark. While I love my camo, I also love my reflective tape! Tom

·
33 Posts
Great point Tom.
I love my camo but some things don't need it...like the key blanks or billfolds I saw at WalMart...now that's a nightmare waiting to happen!

I also like your idea of keeping some clothespins with reflective tape at the ready. 8-10 of these things would be great to mark a blood trail or stand location. The tacks don't always work like they should and they're hard to remove.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts