Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I haven't been around but Camp Camo and our Pro Staff has been busy taking kids Turkey hunting. We took 7 kids out total and unfortunately only had 2 sucessful harvests. I guess getting a figidity kid a spring monarch of the woods isn't as easy as my Pro Staffers thought. Hoss had asked me to post pictures of the kids which I'm doing. Again unfortunately since we're sorta new at this the only ones I have are the ones myself and my Pro staff partner took. The young ladies name is Mallory and she's 13 years old, the young man's name is Kevin and he's 12. I've also attached a picture of Billy the young man we took Steel Head fishing and helped him get his first monster trout. Hope you enjoy them and thanks for vimewing them.
Your friend in Camo
Dale

Attachments

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
That is truly awesome! Glad a few had success, but that's also what we call hunting. I'm sure the kids enjoyed the experience and attention weather they harvested or not. Thanks for taking the time to take those young folks out on a new adventure, and thank the Prostaffers for us (Butch & Wendys Hunting Adventures) as well. Your a good man for taking the time and effort to share, as well as the Prostaffers. It makes me proud that other outdoorsmen would do that for the kids.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both for the praise, it is greatly appreciated. Also you are both right all the kids had a great time, even if they didn't get a bird. Our next set of adventures will be Walleye and Perch Charter boat fishing and well as some more stream and pond fishing. 3 of my Pro Staff memers are Charter Boat Captains for DB Charters out of Geneva Ohio and one of them is donating his time and his boat to take out 4 kids. Also we're in the process of trying to set up hunts for this fall for bow hunting. Many of the kids if not all of them can't pull and hold at 40lbs. which is the Ohio state requirement for archery hunting so they'll be using crossbows. I have 2 older, kinda ancient Horton crossbows ( my personal equipment that I started with 30 + years ago), so in a plea for help, if either of you have any connections with any of the crossbow manufactures so that we could get some newer bows it would be greatly appreciated. As I said in my original post we are a 501(C)3 National Non-Profit Organization and any donations are fully tax deductable.
I'm a lucky man, earlier this year when I approached 14 of the best, most ethical and moral hunters in the North East Ohio area to form a Pro Staff, 10 of them accepted and we formed 5 teams to take kids out and introduce them the wonders of mother nature and the great outdoors, hunting and fishing. The most amazing part about it is, that they all including myself, do it for free. I had no idea I could that many young men who belived in what I was trying to accomplish and donate their time and efforts to make it happen. With some help from the local area we've been able to do this for spring turkey and some fishing trip but with fall and the bow season coming up we'll need more help. There are so many kids out there that if given the chance they would love to try hunting and fishing but have no one to help or teach them. That's where Camp Camo comes in. We find these kids and make it happen for them. Enough said, I have a tendancy to ramble when I get to talking about kids and the outdoors so I'll close and say thanks again for the accolades and remember "Pass it on or it will surely pass on". That's my closing lone in everything I write.
Your Friend in camo
Dale.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts