Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to get a clear answer on this. Have searched the forums and google and can not find anything conclusive. Anyone have experience with this firsthand? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Yes. I looked it up by Google. The US customs standards don't allow it as a hold but it does as a part. Suggest you research customs rules.

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
We bought our TenPoint Vapor from Wyvern Creations in New Hampshire.
They shipped 3 large packages to our door in Windsor, ON, Canada no problem.
One for the xbow and soft case, one for the Stag hard case and one for the Spyderweb target.

They also sent arrows and other accessories in subsequent shipments with no problems.
They said they do it all the time, but other US dealers would not for whatever reason, mostly because they said they have never done it before.
Wyvern marks it as "Archery Equipment" on the packing lists/shipping labels.

Friends of ours have purchased crossbows, air bows and vertical bows from the US as well.
So I guess the answer is "Yes" but remember that Wyvern does this all of the time.

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
10,434 Posts
As far as I know it is fine to ship to Canada except for the scopes which is a no no unless you have a permit to do so. But Canada can ship scopes to the US. Go figure....

·
4,694 Posts
In this particular case, the receiver/purchaser will likely be able guide you along. Incidentally, he’s not interested in the scope. Also, Danny Miller(740-483-2312) at Horizontal Archery can help you.

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
About the scope concerns, Wyvern shipped us the SigSauer BDX System (Scope and Rangefinder) no problem.
I buy telescopes and camera lenses from the US and no, I am not strapping one to an xbow, but you get the point.

·
1,404 Posts
Trying to get a clear answer on this. Have searched the forums and google and can not find anything conclusive. Anyone have experience with this firsthand? Thanks!
You can only "ship" a bow to Canada by the Great Lakes. There are no major water arteries in the Western U.S. that a ship can sail on. ;)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I bought my Swat from a good dude in Michigan! I checked with the Canadian chief cheeser of weapons entering Canada, and he said no prob! Even the scope, they don't care! Send a way!!!
I even asked about the bullpup stock, and he said if it's meant to hold in both hands, and can't actually be used one handed, it's fine.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hey, if a plane crashes right on the border of the U.S. and Canada, where would you bury the survivors?
You don't bury the survivors!

Reactions: KTownKiller and SEW

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
We're trying to have a life changing, serious thread here boyzzzz!!!! LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts