Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got yelled at my the mod's on michigan sportman and given 6 point's/infractions because I said in a post that I should have the right to use a arrow in archery weather it be a bow or a crossbow and a bullet in firearm season

They were asking why you would benifit from full inclusion?

I answered honestly

Sounds like they dont like crossbow there

When I made a post about getting a crossbow, I said SHHH Dont tell the anti crossbow guy's Im getting a crossbow, I got a warning that I was crossing the line

Sounds like the admin isnt a pro-crossbow guy and doesnt like the fact that there are people in michigan that like them

Glad this site is here so I can talk about crossbow and not get in trouble:biggrinjester::):)

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Buddy, you won't find that crap with real and normal bow hunters, just the club people. Not people, young men as you won't see elder men or very young men who aren't old enough to speak on the subject or rarely a woman bow hunter saying that crap. Generally, it's the 20 - 40 year young men with the 20ish ones overloading their backsides due to lack of proper information and facts. I think they have a crap spewing book they read to become a member. I can probably recite the book to you, as I've heard it many times, and have regular comeback facts to go with each. They tend to get really frazzled when you can politely and calmly correct them with real facts. They will get mean as they have no other place to take their argument, so be aware of that fact. No one ever said they were properly educated and have any manners. They believe they are right, and your not going to change their young little minds when they get reenforcement by other vertical bow hunters that they are, and deserve to be the elite. In the big picture of hunting, all legal methods of collection are good when you speak out loud, or type things on the public internet. You can dislike a certain method, but in public, never mention the negatives as we have enough enemies working against us as a whole. In public, it's all good.
The real people I talk to never have a problem with crossbows. It's the one's that get grouped up together in bow hunting associations. Then, when you take their argument apart, they run and hide behind the others, like being in a group can make it so. I suggest if you want to talk about the politics of crossbows, you get yourself some tough skin or avoid that conflict. Welcome to "the other side."

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have skin Like a Wild Hog

I thrive on there ignorance I love to get them fired up, because Im not going to change and it makes my day to see them spin there wheels trying to come up with useless fact's

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I suggest if you want to talk about the politics of crossbows, you get yourself some tough skin or avoid that conflict.
I avoid the conflict and
I don't get involved with talking with the anti's..at all !!

The only ones I want to talk with and convince on the benefits of crossbows...

Are my state legislators....

Once the law is changed to allow crossbows for all

The anti's...will shut up !!!!

So this fall, after the election in November

Put your thoughts down on paper (to hand out) and take a drive to your State Capital and have a sit down visit with your legislator and calmly explain why things need to change and what legislation we need to propose, to accomplish that.

IF you can't make the drive to the state capital...
then at least write a letter to ALL of your state legislators with your opinons.

IF ANYONE is going to listen...
It will be them !!!!

But, the Anti's...NEVER Will...so don't waste your time with them

Put your time...where it will do some good !!!!

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I totally agree with you Bill, but sometimes in certain circumstances, it's called for, and as long as you do have the proper info. and they are attacking someone, us elders of the community need to shut it down. Our state legislators know exactly how we feel in Texas by the way. Same with T.P.W.D. since we help them with the crossbow shooting range at their big outdoor event. Not fun, but necessary.
If you didn't know this, I have a youtube page, and the hunts I post, on purpose, all have multiple shots on hogs, because the biggest argument is you have to draw your bow in front of an animal, "at the moment of truth" and that's what makes them priviledged in their opinions to shoot arrows in their own season and not share it with crossbows. I show through that page, I cock in front of animals to be able and shoot several times over in front of those animals. Otherwise, there's really no real need for me to post those particular videos in public. There is a reason I do what I do, always.
BTW, if you ever have the need to use these videos to show that you do have to cock or draw your bow to shut that argument down, feel free to do so. If there is any other info you can use via video for yur argument in OK., let me know and I'll post it up for you. User name: hoghunterdiva

This is also why, by invitation from the president of the Texas Bow Fishing Association, I have been embedded in the politics of this sport. From the inside out for future purposes is my motive. After all, Crossbows are my first love of outdoor tools and weapons. Maybe they know not what they have done inviting me in. We'll see. I'll play while it suites my intentions.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
The mods there seem to slant to the anti's. They posted that they removed some posts, slapped some hands and gave someone a time out. Part of the learning process of how much you can get away with. You have to learn how to call them an idiot without actually saying so. At times it's hard not to post $%%^& words but we're the better person for keeping our cool. I get fed up and say it's time to just quit but there are others that will benefit so back at it I go. Chill for a while and it will be better.

I got a PM from one of the resident mouth pieces there. They just don't get it. But they will soon enough.

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big-Bird-VA said:
The mods there seem to slant to the anti's. They posted that they removed some posts, slapped some hands and gave someone a time out. Part of the learning process of how much you can get away with. You have to learn how to call them an idiot without actually saying so. At times it's hard not to post $%%^& words but we're the better person for keeping our cool. I get fed up and say it's time to just quit but there are others that will benefit so back at it I go. Chill for a while and it will be better.

I got a PM from one of the resident mouth pieces there. They just don't get it. But they will soon enough.
they removed 2 of my threads today because i ask the general public if they have ever got a strike and one asking why I got the strike

I think Steve is anti-crossbow and cant stand the fact that there are people on his site that like them

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
236 Posts
You are outta here! :D

Out of respect for Jeff, I will refrain from releasing my findings concerning the Michigan Sportsman Forum. However, it is not a website that I will visit in the future due to the rampant stupidity that flows from the mouths of two moderators on that forum that begin with the initials "W" and "S".

mideerslayer, my hats off too you. Keep up the fight. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
mideerslayer said:
they removed 2 of my threads today because i ask the general public if they have ever got a strike and one asking why I got the strike

I think Steve is anti-crossbow and cant stand the fact that there are people on his site that like them
They remove them all the time. Seems to me the anti side can say no wrong. They don't like the pro xbow talk and when people come from out of state they like that even less. If you think they're bad on the MI forum you need to hit the New Jersey forum. :rolleyes:
The whole xbow forum has about used up it's usefulness at this point in time. When they pass them I'll go back to pass out 5lb hunks of cheese. :D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well boys, the guy I was/am having trouble with WAS a moderator until I raised enough hell and of course, baited him behind the scenes to blow up then used it against him. I like getting that kind removed from having any power. The anti hunter in sheeps clothing to say. Pull the wool off at the most opportun moment and show the rest they are indeed a wolf! I make more unexpected buddies when a wolf goes down. It's great!

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Guide Girl said:
Well boys, the guy I was/am having trouble with WAS a moderator until I raised enough hell and of course, baited him behind the scenes to blow up then used it against him. I like getting that kind removed from having any power. The anti hunter in sheeps clothing to say. Pull the wool off at the most opportun moment and show the rest they are indeed a wolf! I make more unexpected buddies when a wolf goes down. It's great!
Amazing how easy they can be at times. They think they're so darn smart and BAM! They're on someones wall.

·
211 Posts
just out of curiosity I poked around over there a little bit(just the crossbow section, not the general archery), from what I seen the crossbow section didnt seem all too bad, it looks like theres a fair number of guys there that are pro-crossbow, but it also looks like that forum is ruled with an iron fist...

I could be wrong, I didnt look around much, but from what I could see it seems like theres a pretty bad overall atmosphere there regaudless, even if I lived in Mich. it wouldnt be my choice of places to hang out, crossbow forum or not...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts