Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to say thank you to the people on this forum.
I'm new here and frankly I cannot believe how friendly people are.
I first posted because I needed recommendations for a youth crossbow and got all kinds of incredible suggestions and advice and ultimately found a perfect youth crossbow. Inspector98 and JOE PA were especially helpful but a whole bunch of people helped with that.

Then today I posted looking for an old scope and within minutes someone pointed me in the right direction and I got yet more good suggestions.

TX_RDXguy and Martymig have also been super helpful and generous with their time.

And it's all been free! I almost feel guilty because I really don't have anything to offer in return. I'm new to crossbows and you all know way more than I do. You guys should charge consulting fees!! lol

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
You are in the right place and what a great post!

Great comments on the CBN gents. Duly noted!

Welcome to CBN!

·
10,163 Posts
I'm new here and frankly I cannot believe how friendly people are.
I first posted because I needed recommendations for a youth crossbow and got all kinds of incredible suggestions and advice and ultimately found a perfect youth crossbow. Inspector98 and JOE PA were especially helpful but a whole bunch of people helped with that.

Then today I posted looking for an old scope and within minutes someone pointed me in the right direction and I got yet more good suggestions.

TX_RDXguy and Martymig have also been super helpful and generous with their time.

And it's all been free! I almost feel guilty because I really don't have anything to offer in return. I'm new to crossbows and you all know way more than I do. You guys should charge consulting fees!! lol
Guilty?... fohgeddaboutit. If you're participating, you're contributing! When a member asks a question they're not just getting an answer for themselves, the entire membership gets to hear the answers. When they read those answers, many of them learn something. I've been around here for a while and know nothing about youth crossbows (which is why I gave no response) yet I learned something from your thread.

The guys on this forum live to pass on knowledge and experience. That's the kind of people they are. Thanks for being an active member. (y)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
A bunch of us could have written that post. A bunch of us should have written that post.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Great post! I haven't been on here very long and came in asking a bunch of questions. Got tons of great advice and always respectful answers. Even have had people PM me and have talked to a couple by phone. I consider some my friends now even though i have never met them. Maybe some day! Purchased a new crossbow from all the advice. I need to get back to shooting it.....

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just out of curiosity, did you get a scope? I have a Hawke illuminated single reticle scope I would be willing to send you if you are interested. I had a member here send me something he wasn't using and i would like to pay it forward, especially if its for a kid getting into shooting.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Just out of curiosity, did you get a scope? I have a Hawke illuminated single reticle scope I would be willing to send you if you are interested. I had a member here send me something he wasn't using and i would like to pay it forward, especially if its for a kid getting into shooting.
Thats what its about right there! Everyone helping everyone no matter the cause.I have said it many times and will say it again. I love this forum and the people on it,great bunch of people here.Thanks for everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well said Br0adhead I too am learning having just bought a crossbow after decades of shooting a compound. Age has caught up with me but never to old to learn and thanks to the folks here lots of information to soak up.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I too have learned a lot in the brief time I've been here. I looking forward to learning more in the future too. The only down side I see is all this new knowledge of things I "need" is costing me a lot of money. :D
This forum is an extremely valuable resource for those looking to learn more about crossbows.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Yep I think everyone here should make that same comment, I know when I went to crossbows I was lost till I came to these folks for help, and help was what I got, correct help.

·
10,163 Posts
I too have learned a lot in the brief time I've been here. I looking forward to learning more in the future too. The only down side I see is all this new knowledge of things I "need" is costing me a lot of money. :D
This forum is an extremely valuable resource for those looking to learn more about crossbows.
The crew … can teach yez a lot. Patience, frugality, and self control, when it comes to buying new gear, are NOT among them! You're on your own with that one ...lol To some, a spanking new innovative crossbow, broadhead, optic, or any other gadget is like waving a kilo of heroin in front of a junkie. :p

The only thing between a lot of these guys and a new crossbow is … his wife...lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
The crew … can teach yez a lot. Patience, frugality, and self control, when it comes to buying new gear, are NOT among them! You're on your own with that one ...lol To some, a spanking new innovative crossbow, broadhead, optic, or any other gadget is like waving a kilo of heroin in front of a junkie. :p

The only thing between a lot of these guys and a new crossbow is … his wife...lol
View attachment 181165
😄

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow. See that is a perfect example of what I'm talking about! Thank you so much for that offer, that is just too generous of you. I really can't accept anything for free but will PM you because we're still looking.

·
10,163 Posts
So true. The word "self-discipline" takes on a whole new meaning.
"Herd Immunity"... is the direct opposite of what you'll get around this joint. 😂You have to be stoic, Spartan even, to avoid getting sucked into the vortex of "new gear fever." I've seen it morph into a feeding frenzy of procurement. Kinda like the mob mentality we see at play in this cancel culture going on. A buying frenzy is a wonder to behold. Unfortunately we're never privy to the buyer's remorse, guilt, family riffs, and embarrassment of those who needlessly bought during the madness. People don't herald their mistake purchases that were triggered by a forum dopamine hysteria. They're quiet after it's over and logic/common sense returns to their brain. :p

·
Registered
617 Posts
Awesome post and we're all glad we could help in any way!
I got into crossbows in 2009/2010. I spent alot of time on the Excalibur Forum back then, as I had purchased an Exocet. I learned alot from folks like Boo, Aging Crossbower and others. Then came other sites such as this one and C/T. I "met" a bunch of other nice and helpful folks. Like another had mentioned, some became friends even though we have never met face to face. That's about to change as Ramrod and I will be sharing a Sika deer camp this coming January :)
Welcome aboard!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts