Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parker keeps sending me emails with big sales on their bows. Talked to a FORMER parker dealer today and they were offering him bows as low as $99. They offered him one crossbow can't remember which one for $140 and he told them "NO WAY, I have one on my rack right now that I have marked down to $550 to make anything on it and can't get anybody to even look at it and you will not take it back and will not be around to service it." He told me that his shop has sent more parker bows back for work than any other bow but they were always prompt to replace or fix them that is why he sold them. It makes me hesitate to shoot my thunder hawk any more than sighting it in since I bought it and am stuck with it. I got a deal on a Excalibur bulldog 380 that will get the most shooting and hunting with.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They would not do any more warranty work after 12/31/18 but they are still liquidating stock. You can go on to their web site and see what's on sale if you want to roll the dice.

·
Registered
726 Posts
If your Thunder is really worthless you might shoot the heck out of it to save on the Excal's limbs, then when it breaks just throw it in trash. Although, in about a year or two there may be a few guys who get all nostalgic and are willing to pay a REASONABLE used price again. Seems like we saw that when Horton went under.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Parker keeps sending me emails with big sales on their bows. Talked to a FORMER parker dealer today and they were offering him bows as low as $99. They offered him one crossbow can't remember which one for $140 and he told them "NO WAY, I have one on my rack right now that I have marked down to $550 to make anything on it and can't get anybody to even look at it and you will not take it back and will not be around to service it." He told me that his shop has sent more parker bows back for work than any other bow but they were always prompt to replace or fix them that is why he sold them. It makes me hesitate to shoot my thunder hawk any more than sighting it in since I bought it and am stuck with it. I got a deal on a Excalibur bulldog 380 that will get the most shooting and hunting with.

Seems to me that if these Parkers are as "worthless" as you say, you may be able to get 2-3 for a song and use them as parts for the one you have..

·
469 Posts
I remember Natchez buying a whole boat load of those surplus Horton bows and selling them online for super cheap. I bought two and had to return one because it would not assemble properly. While speaking with the natchez customer service rep he stated they DEEPLY regretted buying and selling them. Guess they had turned out to be WAY more trouble than what they were worth!

Wonder if another large online retailer will take a chance with the parkers!

·
3,237 Posts
Zippop, I feel your pain. I have a Middleton bow, and they are out of business. Even when Derrick was in business, it was tough to get service and parts from him. Parker was a much better company in terms of that. I've had that bow for 5 years, and it's still going strong. Wouldn't bother to try and sell it, as it wouldn't bring much at all. It still is a great bow for hunting and 3D, so I'll shoot it until it doesn't work anymore. You could do the same with your Thunderhawk. Just shoot it, and when it goes, it goes. Hope that is a long tme for you. Also, enjoy the Excal. The one advantage I have is that if my limbs fail (about the only part of the bow that concerns me), I can put Excal Matrix limbs on it, and only lose a few fps.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I may just set up my Parker to do some small game, squirrel mainly, hunting and fooling around with and if I was to ever need a backup for my Excalibur or if some friends would ever need a backup in an emergency I will loan it to them. You never know when one of those one billion to one odds of ever happening things will happen in the middle of hunting season or on a hunt. For the past 30 years I have been traveling 300 miles from my home to east NC to hunt for 2 to 3 weeks each year. I always took with me 2 or 3 different rifles and usually a hunting pistol of some short. I once had the sling stud pull out of the stock of a muzzle loader when I was about 20 feet off the ground and go crashing on the ground at the end of a hunt one evening. Turned out that it did not even knock it out of zero. Then again once I was walking up the steps to a shooting house and just bumped my rifle on the hand rail and it just happened to catch it in the right spot, right on the right side windage screw on the Leopold scope base and sheered the head right off. Luckily that day I had my T/C Contender 14" barrel scoped pistol in 30-30AI and did kill a deer that evening with it. I got another email from Parker the other day. They had the Thunder Hawk Pro marked down to $303 I believer it was.

·
Registered
256 Posts
You can get one now from the factory for under 400.00 A friend of mine ordered one,,, and why not.... great bow, great price, and I am talking about the Thunderhawk...... All I can see needed for maintenance on this no brainer bow, is a new string, every 2 years,,,,,, I own one, pretty bullet proof.........

My archery shop, that is one bow they never have to work on, unless some guy wrecks it from misuse and dry fire

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
I have nothing to say bad or negative on my Parker Hurricane. It is one of the older ones and never have had an issue with it. Accurate, extremely reliable. Ashame they couldnt or wouldn’t keep up with the changing market. Survival of the fittest....

·
Registered
396 Posts
Looks like the chickens have come home to roost.

Now excal is the broke limb king.
Ha. My Hornet went 9 years before a limb went. Hows that excal now cap ?

·
Registered
12,402 Posts
My Parker was the biggest POS I have ever handled in the crossbow world and they kept telling me they had the limb problems fixed but the limbs just kept busting. I have owned 3 Excaliburs and still have 2 of them today. I sold the 3rd to a friend that really wanted it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well, my Parker Hornet Extreme performed flawlessly since 2011, and only now, December 2020, splintered a limb.

I just replaced limbs and a new string from 60x. Back shooting just fine. You might have been shooting underweight arrows and/or had stretched, or, twisted too short, cables and string.
I love my Hornet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts