Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the string broke on the first shot and I had to send my initial Cyclone back to the factory I got my replacement Carbon Black Bitch today. (Just three days from sending the first one back!!!) She is a sexy and sultry bitch. :dupe: First thing I did was count strands in the string and found it had 32 strands. That made me fell a whole lot more comfortable. The one that broke was only 24 strands and broke when I squeezed the trigger on the first arrow. It really came undone!
Tore into the trigger and noticed that Parker may have listened to me as all mating surfaces where polished to eliminate the part line and roughness of the cast surface. I finished polishing all contact surfaces to a mirror finish. Trigger is now silky smooth with a tad bit of free travel and then a smooth, crisp letoff of about 1lb or less; BEAUTIFUL. I also polished mating surfaces for the safety and it now works smooth and noiseless. The annoying click is gone.
Took the butt stock ff and put a 1' by 1&1/2inch piece of self adhesive felt on the top inside of the butt stock It is then hard to get back on to the tube because the fit is tight Once on the tube it slides with minimal resistance and very quiet. No more rattle!! Lock up nice and tight, Put my Leupold Gilmore Red Dot on it and went to shoot.

This bow is really quiet and super fast. Not to mention accurate. Average FPS with 20" Goldtip Laser II, 2" Blazer Vanes, 100gr field tip over 12 shots is 359FPS/. That's smoking!! Accuracy is damn near one hole. Can't shoot two arrow to the same spot or one gets wrecked. I only had time to shoot 30 arrows and only 15 at 20yds and 15 at 30yds. Same P.O.A and was only slight low at 30yds. What great performance.

I shot moon nocks and also flat nocks with no problem. Going to wring it out some more with nothing but flat nocks. To me they are inherently more accurate. Plus I don't have to keep arrows separated.

Yes there were a few things I had to tweak like the trigger , silencing the stock. putting adhesive felt on the arrow retention springy. But it was no more than tweaking any other compound. I'm not to crazy about how the rope cocker works and will lay with that a bit. The angle of the string is so steep that the hooks crowd the rail at the last couple of inches before lock up in the claw. I didn't have any roll over but you have to be careful to pull up and back when cocking.
I also do not like it that there is no front sling swivel unless you mount the quiver bracket. That is easily cured with a picticanny rail sling stud adaptor from Midway. The quiver mount is okay but it should be on top like the Moon/Wyvern mount.

Overall I am damn happy with the My Black Bitch. This is one helluva bow for the money! :D :D

More evaluation after I shoot more :ack2:

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shot the Sultry Bitch a bit more. I found a minor problem that I had to coorrect The barrel mates up to the triger housing right in front of the claw area. On my bow, (and others I have heard,) the barrel sits a bit higher than the claw area . This causes a raised sharp edge/ridge were the string serving can catch. I noticed my serving starting to seperate and upon looking closely I found that situation. A couple minutes work with a dremel tool and the sharp edge is now transitioned into a smooth, sloping surface.

She really shoots terrific. Parker recommends moon nocks but I don't particularlly like them. I use flat nocks but I'M NOT RECOMMENDING that anyone switch to flat nocks.
I can keep arrows in a 2' circle at 50 yds with no problem shooting from a bench. When I shoot off hand my groups open up considerably. :ack2:

Overall I like this Black Bitch; but it has been aggravating that I had to "fix" so many little things that should have been taken care of during production.

I am still not completely comfortable with the Parker strings. As soon as I can obtain some dfifferent, more robust strings I will change the sring she wears now.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
The black ones must be out. There's one on fleabay and 2 camo ones there as well. One camo priced below MAP. Sure the MAP Police will be making an arrest soon on that one.:ack2:

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bad News!! I was shooting the Black Cyclone this afternoon and the damn thing blew up just like the first one. String broke close to the string leech during arrow launch. The cables when flying around my head , string leeches went flying to parts unknown. That's it for me. It''s headed back to Parker tomorrow and I don' t want another one I have lost all confidence in it. I couldn't trust it again. Damn shame as it is a nice bow once I fixed all the little things.
Parker has a real problem with their strings. They need to get on top of that damn quick. They just lost a customer with me.
I have a Y25 Relayer headed my way tomorrow AM. I will not own anything that I can't trust 100%

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Dang!! That's not good. Anyone else having issues or are you just lucky like that? I was looking at one but this changes things. For a few $$$ more I can get another DS . I think (spelled hope) they have their issues fixed by now.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bird, There have been several Cyclones wiuth the same issue and other Cyclones with different issues. I have lost all confidence in the bow. The sting situation is a bit frightening. If you want I can email you will all the problems and how I fixed them.

I believe that they rushed the Cyclone to get in out to the mraket and they never got all the bugs worked out.

The dealer I got it from, gave me 100% of what I paid for it and offered me any other Crossbow I wanted at a helluva a deal!

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
DaGriz said:
Bird, There have been several Cyclones wiuth the same issue and other Cyclones with different issues. I have lost all confidence in the bow. The sting situation is a bit frightening. If you want I can email you will all the problems and how I fixed them.

I believe that they rushed the Cyclone to get in out to the mraket and they never got all the bugs worked out.

The dealer I got it from, gave me 100% of what I paid for it and offered me any other Crossbow I wanted at a helluva a deal!
Awwwaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!! Thanks for the offer on the fixes but...... no one should be doing that if you know what I mean. I'm going to pass until they fix it or rename it to the Hand Grenade or something.

·
327 Posts
Griz...

Thak God you didn't get injured. God willing no one will get hurt if there is a definite defect. A guy up here at our club had one and said he wasn't happy with it. He was sending it back. What seemed to start out with such a promising bang seems to be heading for a big "Bummer". I hope the rep will jump in and explain.

·
221 Posts
As Sparhawk said I am glad that you didn't get injured! I have seen some ugly damage to the face and head done by broken strings.

The bottom line is that you got your dosh back and you get to bow shopping again. For me the shopping is as fun as the shooting! well almost.

I am sure that Parker will get their heads around this and solve the problem right quick. I am holding off shooting the Hurricane any more until I hear something official.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boy that's sure the truth. I really believe Parker got a lot of really inferior strings. BUT, no more Cyclones for me. I have lost all confidence in them!

Have a Excal Y25 on it's way to me!

·
327 Posts
DaGriz said:
Boy that's sure the truth. I really believe Parker got a lot of really inferior strings. BUT, no more Cyclones for me. I have lost all confidence in them!

Have a Excal Y25 on it's way to me!
Nice xbow. Enjoy.

·
1,222 Posts
Agreed, not a good thing.
Good thing no ones been hurt..

Strange thing about bad strings...high powered bows are not new. If BowTech can harness the Stryker, why not Parker a lesser poundage bow?

I spoke with a guy at Horton about the Recon...and all the different forms of testing IT went thru before it was released. Some of it was pretty amazing.

Mike

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Would be nice to hear something from the Parker rep on this. I'm looking for something else and the Cyclone was high on the list. That's changed. I'm really sad to hear there are issues as I was ready to close the deal. Where do the reps run to when you need 'em?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is this a common problem with Parker strings? I'ne been thinking about a Terminator or Buck Buster, but if Parker is having problems with their strings exploding I think I'll steer clear.

·
1,426 Posts
replacement strings ...

I may just order a replacement string of the boo string variety or othr hand made extra good string... instead of the standard equipment string... keep the original for emergencies... ? was thinking terminator..
dk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts