Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a pack of these as my old bolts have been discontinued and these were the closest in weight I could get. Was told in-store they are 290 grains @ 20inches.

All 3 weigh out on my scale at 308-309 grains. The KI hypr lites I have from the new xbow weigh in at 270 grains as advertised.

What gives? Did I get a different model shaft or something?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With 100 gn head you end up at 408 gn. My preferred hunting weight.
I'm not opposed to running them. I'm just in a bind where I have 3 bolts at 408 and 3 bolts at 370 and I'm trying to decide which way to go. I don't want to pick up more of the badlands only to get them home and have them weigh the 290 they are advertised at.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
The 408 gn Will be easier on your xbow and less affected by wind. Which xbow are you shooting?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Sight in c5 with the 370 and the lethal with 408. I recently cut down some Bloodsport hunters to 19 inch and Refletched. Went from 400gn to 383. Could not get them to group as well at 40 yards. Put 125 gn head bringing them to 408gn. Grouped tight and arrow buried lot deeper.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sight in c5 with the 370 and the lethal with 408.
I'd rather not have to carry two different weight arrows. I used to shoot a heavier tip through the c5 (126gn vs 100gn) with the same 270gn arrow.

My goal is to have the bolts work for both xbows so long as it's safe. So I'm leaning towards the badlands as I have 3 matching. I only have 2 hypr lites remaining and my old maxima blue that weighs 375gns.

I'm just going to head up to Cabela's rn and bring my scale with me. If I can't find the badlands or the hunters (which are advertised at 290 GN as well) I'm just going to night the bullet and order a dozen of the badlands on amazon.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
What may have happened is a different arrow supplier built the other set of arrows.
I have experienced this when Easton was building arrows for Barnett. One set would
weigh 400 grain including the point. Another would weigh 410 grain. Weighing a point
and swapping between arrow shafts, the one arrow shaft would be heavier.

All the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What may have happened is a different arrow supplier built the other set of arrows.
I have experienced this when Easton was building arrows for Barnett. One set would
weigh 400 grain including the point. Another would weigh 410 grain. Weighing a point
and swapping between arrow shafts, the one arrow shaft would be heavier.

All the best.
Take care.
I'm hoping it may be a difference in vanes. A pro shop near me says there is about a 10 grain difference from a small blazer vane to a bigger 3 inch vane. I have one other shop to call tomorrow.searching for the badlands. If they don't have them then I'm going to grab the hunters with blazer vanes and have my bad lands refletched to match the hunters. Best I can do this late in the season other than ordering online and running the risk it gets lost, which is happening more and more lately.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, bad time to need bolts around michigan. Best I could get was some center points that weighed in at 302gn. Fwiw the maxima badlands shoot identical out of the lethal 405 but they have a significant drop at 40 yards out of the wildcat c5. So the badlands are my kill arrows, and the center points are for practice and backups.

thanks for the help everyone.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Bloodsport hunters, 300 gn no head.$29.00 for 6 on amazon .Free delivery. Got mine in 2 days last week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts